Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

56 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Iorfa Lees Dunkley is pretty decent. The rest are pretty decent cover options. We can’t afford to just keep stock piling players again. 

The massive dunkley love fest is strange. The lad has had a huge injury. There is absolutely no certainty he will return the player he was.

2 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

The massive dunkley love fest is strange. The lad has had a huge injury. There is absolutely no certainty he will return the player he was.

To be fair it was strange that we should go all out to sign Dunkley based on his reputation prior to having a double leg fracture. But it is DC who is paying the lad so we should just hope that he DOES come back as good as he was and becomes a reliable member of our defence for years to come.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
6 hours ago, A12owl said:

I was referring to Lees. Not heard anything

was reported that Lees came off with a groin problem. Injured or precautionary, I do not know.

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We need two starting strikers, if that is the way Monk wants to play. In fact, that is the problem why there has been no real upturn in results following on from last season, only one of the 6 new signings is a starter. 

Yes but they are younger and hungrier

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Queens Park Rangers are leading the chase for Cameroonian midfielder Wato Kuate, TEAMtalk understands.

The 25-year-old is currently a free agent after leaving Finnish side RoPS.

Kuate, who came through Manchester City’s academy, is now looking to move back to the UK, which he can do as he holds Portuguese citizenship.

After leaving City, Kuate spent time playing in Italy, Israel and Turkey and also had a spell in Scotland with Dundee United.

Now a number of teams have been alerted to Kuate’s availability and are showing an interest.

Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham and Nottingham Forest are all keen, but we understand QPR are in talks and are ready to bring him on trial possibly this week.

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Queens Park Rangers are leading the chase for Cameroonian midfielder Wato Kuate, TEAMtalk understands.

The 25-year-old is currently a free agent after leaving Finnish side RoPS.

Kuate, who came through Manchester City’s academy, is now looking to move back to the UK, which he can do as he holds Portuguese citizenship.

After leaving City, Kuate spent time playing in Italy, Israel and Turkey and also had a spell in Scotland with Dundee United.

Now a number of teams have been alerted to Kuate’s availability and are showing an interest.

Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham and Nottingham Forest are all keen, but we understand QPR are in talks and are ready to bring him on trial possibly this week.

He has a truly atrocious CV...

36 games in 6 seasons for 8 different clubs. 

18 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Don’t see Palmer as a CB whatsoever. Plus the Van Aken or Borner option is the side we’ve been undone a little so far. We definitely need one more CB if we are to persist with 3 at the back throughout the season. Sanderson at Cardiff would be ideal for his versatility. 

Agree we need one more would rather have left footer than Sanderson so would go for Clarke -Salter.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t think signing premier league youngsters from Chelsea or Arsenal with a handful or no professional appearances is beneficial in our situation 

We need experienced championship pros 

Clarke -Salter has Championship experience. He did well against us last seasonwhen playing for Charlton. 

Saliba is second highest rated young defender in Europe after Alphonso Davies. He has played in other leagues. I personally have not seen him play but indications are he has some talent. 

I think we need someone who is mobile and comfortable on ball. The young players have desire to succeed not all old pros are as eagre to roll sleeves up. 

I amquite sure we are looking for centre half but think agents know this and are linking our name to every centrehalf not currently playing. 

On 11/10/2020 at 00:30, LoanRanger said:

What makes people think Arsenal would send Saliba up north to a club who started the season on -12 I'll never know. If he came down to the Championship they'd offer him to Brentford, Watford, maybe Bournemouth and Norwich. That's the sad reality but it's not about us being slow off the mark to try get a player like this. It's simply massively unrealistic.

I for one would be delighted with Flint anyway, another massive character with plenty of fight in him. 

They were prepared to send him to Saint Etienne.  My guess his he will go to team who offer them best deal and possibility he gets games.

As far as I know Matt O'Riley is still a free agent after leaving Fulham. 

19 years old 6'1'' playmaker who passes ball as well as Bannan and someone who would instantly turn us into better "footballing side". Someone talented and good enough to build long term future around. 

Signing that could prove to be as far sighted as those of Glenn Whelan and Chris Brunt. 

Turned down long term contract from Fulham in order to play regular first team football. 

• Like 3

On 10/10/2020 at 16:18, The Night-Owl said:

This ^

Flint was decent but he's lost his pace and his effectiveness. He'd be on big wages and although he's got experience, leadership and nous, we'd be better off going for players like Sanderson and Clarke-Salter.

We can see how valuable Iorfa is to us with his pace, if we lost that pace at the back and replaced it with slow players, then the opposition would exploit us using pace. We already have the likes of Lees, Van Aken and Borner, we need more pace at the back. 

I do not think Flint everhad pace. his reputation was earnedby scoring goals. He is useful in the air.

My worry is you would think Harris would like him as a centre half. He tends to go for giant centre halves and he has not played him much (not since January). Patterson did feature regularly last season and lost his place to Keifer Moore a larger geezer than himself. Patterson was still on bench although not used this season. Flint has only appeared on bench once this season and that was for league cup game. This is a worry is he looks a Harris style player but completely out of favour. I do not know if he has had injury or if legs have gone but absence is a concern. We have been suckered numerous times by taking players aged around 30 who have come with injuries and have been a burden. Therefore can understand why many are cautious on a player who cost big money would be on high wages and we have not seen anything of himfor 10 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quist said:

They were prepared to send him to Saint Etienne.  My guess his he will go to team who offer them best deal and possibility he gets games.

Saint Etienne who are 7th in Ligue 1?

Look I'll eat my hat if it ever happened but we haven't a snowball's chance in... in my opinion.

• Like 2