Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

I get the age references to past issues in the transfer market but sometimes if you want an older player anywhere it is at centre half. They can play for longer and it is that experience that helps as we saw with Loovens in his early 30s.

A cheaper and younger option to flint would be Sonny Bradley at Luton. He’s from East Yorkshire and is a very similar player to flint. 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t think signing premier league youngsters from Chelsea or Arsenal with a handful or no professional appearances is beneficial in our situation 

We need experienced championship pros 

It’s a mixture that usually succeeds though innit?

Look through our normal starting XI.

Lees, Iorfa, Palmer, Reach, Luongo, BB, Harris, Windass. 
All experienced Championship pro’s. I might have missed a couple too.

We need a couple of fast, raw young uns in there. Unknowns to the opposition as well. 

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Flint is like the new ALF to many on here. Never been a particularly good defender, always prone to errors and nowhere near as good as some think

ALF went on to be pretty good at this level and scored goals in the league above despite being unfancied by many.  So if Aden Flint who has been at the top half of this division for the most part of his career joined a side bottom of the league it would be a good coup.

Im not sure you rate anyone other than Joao these days 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Flint is like the new ALF to many on here. Never been a particularly good defender, always prone to errors and nowhere near as good as some think

He is not a great defender I think his knack of scoring goals (at least a few seasons back) increased his exposure but as a defender who is paid to...defend...I'd rather so us go after other targets

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edwinowl said:

See derby after Austin and we’re after Zahore personally prefer to go for Austin 

And I guarantee that if we were after Austin and Derby were after Zahore, you would say you'd prefer Zahore to Austin.

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Keep seeing us linked with CBs but not sure why. I know we had a few injuries last game but we’ve got Iorfa/Palmer Lees/Dunkley JVA/Borner plus Shaw and Brennan. 

If we have Van Aaken, Borner, Palmer, Shaw or, Brennan starting consistently at centre back across the whole season then we're probably not in for a great year.

He’s an old fashioned cb that as his limitations that is why he never gone higher than championship, but I’d know I’d rather have him defending especially in last 20 mins when we seem to concede rather than van aken borner and co ? Think him iorfa Dunkley / lees ( if we keep hold of iorfa fingers x) very solid at this level! Already think zohore will arrive here when we finished arguing over who paying wot ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Keep seeing us linked with CBs but not sure why. I know we had a few injuries last game but we’ve got Iorfa/Palmer Lees/Dunkley JVA/Borner plus Shaw and Brennan. 

Don’t see Palmer as a CB whatsoever. Plus the Van Aken or Borner option is the side we’ve been undone a little so far. We definitely need one more CB if we are to persist with 3 at the back throughout the season. Sanderson at Cardiff would be ideal for his versatility. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Don’t see Palmer as a CB whatsoever. Plus the Van Aken or Borner option is the side we’ve been undone a little so far. We definitely need one more CB if we are to persist with 3 at the back throughout the season. Sanderson at Cardiff would be ideal for his versatility. 

seems like we have lost faith in Borner and Van Aken, whilst improved, is only in the side due to his left peg and a back three.

Iorfa, Lees and Dunkley would be first choice. Shaw should be a midfielder really.

There is a nagging feeling that Flint is lined up should someone come in for Iorfa though 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

seems like we have lost faith in Borner and Van Aken, whilst improved, is only in the side due to his left peg and a back three.

Iorfa, Lees and Dunkley would be first choice. Shaw should be a midfielder really.

There is a nagging feeling that Flint is lined up should someone come in for Iorfa though 

Still seems a sad indictment of our situation that Van Aken and Pelupessy are regulars in our matchday squad? Both have been contracted to us for four seasons now and I’m not talking about Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer 🙄

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Still seems a sad indictment of our situation that Van Aken and Pelupessy are regulars in our matchday squad? Both have been contracted to us for four seasons now and I’m not talking about Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer 🙄

I think Van Aken has got better and more physical and there was a need to develop him. He was thrown in the deep end here and it ruined him, or the Derby did!

Pelupessy is just a steady player and probably a good trainer. Definition of a safe and probably cheap shirt filler. It’s the lack of contribution from others that has been our downfall IMO 

29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We need to add quality now, we’ve signed enough players who can run, jump, throw, and head a ball Now we need some more players who know how to control and pass one

We got one in Brown, that is wasted in our negative defensive direct style of football. We need to loan in the extra quality we need, like Hector and Murphy in recent seasons. The best loanees will join parachute payment clubs or clubs with a chance of top 6.

More loanees or a shrewd bargain like Iorfa are our best way of surviving and more players with potential and resale value, are our only chance of progressing on and off the pitch as a club. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

4 hours ago, fingyfop said:

If we have Van Aaken, Borner, Palmer, Shaw or, Brennan starting consistently at centre back across the whole season then we're probably not in for a great year.

Iorfa Lees Dunkley is pretty decent. The rest are pretty decent cover options. We can’t afford to just keep stock piling players again.