Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Don’t think we’ll be that busy. I think we’ll try for Sanderson. We’ll probably go back in for Simmonds. Both deals I reckon will be loans with a view to a permanent deal. I also think we’ve taken Brown on with a longer term view in mind?

Bottom line is there are players who are regulars in our Matchday 18 who won’t be at the club next season and somewhere along the line we have to have one eye on the future regardless of what league we’re in next season.

hopefully Monk won’t tell the players they won’t be getting new contracts to early this time. Monkmanface

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we do end up getting Simmonds from Man City do we think he would be for the first team or U23 side? also was it reported he wanted to much money a while ago? 

Ive never seen the lad but surely it would be for the first team ?? Correct me if im wrong but isnt he a winger ??

Not sure if mentioned, but a player who was completely out of our reach is William Saliba. Tiny chance that may change.

Centre back who cost Arsenal £27million. Looking for his 2nd successive season long loan to St Etienne. The paper work fell through and he looks set to stay there.

I’m sure there will be plenty of domestic suitors. Also not sure if prem sides can still loan domestically. Just a player who would in usual circumstances be impossible to loan. Better for him to be out on loan rather than sat in their under 23’s.

Again very unlikely, but wouldn’t be surprised to see him come to the championship now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Not sure if mentioned, but a player who was completely out of our reach is William Saliba. Tiny chance that may change.

Centre back who cost Arsenal £27million. Looking for his 2nd successive season long loan to St Etienne. The paper work fell through and he looks set to stay there.

I’m sure there will be plenty of domestic suitors. Also not sure if prem sides can still loan domestically. Just a player who would in usual circumstances be impossible to loan. Better for him to be out on loan rather than sat in their under 23’s.

Again very unlikely, but wouldn’t be surprised to see him come to the championship now.

Yeah that’s an interesting one. Could solve Watford’s issues, and keep them away from Iorfa. Aren’t their training grounds next to each other? He could just hop over the fence

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Did anyone read in the Star yesterday that we have turned down two offers for Westwood, Both clubs offering a big chunk of his £20k a week salary. Or did I imagine it.

DC probably turned them down and will give him a new contract at the end of the season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

We've got Bruce to thank for the 2 year contract. 

He deserved that contract. Was outstanding under Bruce!

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

He definitely deserved the extension at the time. Hard to justify a 2 year deal on high wages to a player of his age though. Easy in hindsight I suppose.

I said at the time we would regret giving it out "this time next year".

You didn't have to be nostradamus

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, dan1980 said:

How many games did he play under bruce

I’d have to check the stats but I’d say about 18 ish. You have to remember he was playing under Bullen too before that. He was absolutely outstanding in those games and fully deserved his new contract. Granted he made mistakes the year after but I still shudder when I see Dawson or Wildsmith on the team sheet!

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’d have to check the stats but I’d say about 18 ish. You have to remember he was playing under Bullen too before that. He was absolutely outstanding in those games and fully deserved his new contract. Granted he made mistakes the year after but I still shudder when I see Dawson or Wildsmith on the team sheet!

Ok Kieren we get it. 

Agree mate he looked decent .but last season he was rubbish .tbh i think dawson gets to much stick things he needs to improve on no doubt about it