Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Heard a rumour recently on this now Att following? Obviously a link with Man City which is great. Dont know too much about him other than City signed from Valenica at 16 and highly regard forward. 

Screenshot_20200909-103227_Instagram.jpg

Is that a recent follow? 

Looks to me like he’s been following him for some time.

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

Was pretty obvious they were going up well before the end of the season so that’s half the job straight away. 2 of their signings were also on loan to them last season so they may have been loan to buys upon promotion. 

All i hear is excuses for the club 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Sounds like the Zohore rumours are true, looking to buy him according to Nixon. If we get him and Nabil Touaizi I’d be really happy. 

Not exactly true.

Someone asked Nixon if 'Zahore to Sheff Wed got any legs?' Nixon's reply - 'Yes. As a buy'.

He didn't say we're in to buy him.

4 hours ago, Malkmus said:

I think we need to be realistic.

The players that left (strikers) needed to go due to our financial situation.

With possibly the exception of AN who a lot of fans wanted out and it probably was time to move on for his sake as well (I would still have kept him though).

It was never going to be easy to be easy to recruit the required players within a tighter budget, with a much harder transfer market and with -12 points hanging over us. I can only assume COVID will have further destroyed us financially and will continue to do so for the rest of this season.

We are where we are, Monk has a huge task to turn this round.

I doubt that any fans are complacent, there is a real risk of relegation. We can’t spend our way out of it without creating the same problem in future years. I think the best we can hope for is scraping our way throughout the season to staying up by 1 point. Or our appeal reducing the deduction. Either way the first four games won’t dictate our final position.
The club for me should be offering Westward to everyone, and probably trying to ship out a couple more, survival is important but righting the financial mess we have got ourselves into is also key else we will be back here again in future seasons.
Not much left for us fans to do other than support the team and crucially not get on the players backs after the first 4 games, if at all. It’s going to be hard and there are no easy answers.

I don’t think there is any point calling for Monks head. We have invested in his team and staff just need to see it through. And what decent manager in their right mind would join us.

Total sense mate!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Not exactly true.

Someone asked Nixon if 'Zahore to Sheff Wed got any legs?' Nixon's reply - 'Yes. As a buy'.

He didn't say we're in to buy him.

Then he would have said ‘No. You’d need to buy’.

Edited by Guest

On 08/09/2020 at 07:26, Plonk said:

Quite a few think ten games will give us a good idea of how GM will. If you are happy to write off the first four games he’s going to have a mountain to climb. If teams pick up four or five points we could be sixteen points away from safety after that first four. 

That's the thing, the margins in this league are minuscule so it's not about writing off the first four games, Do I think the current squad could last the distance over 46 games, no. Could it pick up 4 or even 6 points in the first few games as is? Absolutely.

6 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Or 'Yes. As a loan to buy'. But 'Yes. As a buy'. Is vague journalistic wording, that could imply an permanent signing or a loan to buy option but also incase it doesn't come off it covers all bases, in a way. 

Precisely, if there was nothing in it he usually comes back with a sarcastic answer or a straight ‘no’. 

Guest Mcguigan
43 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Or 'Yes. As a loan to buy'. But 'Yes. As a buy'. Is vague journalistic wording, that could imply an permanent signing or a loan to buy option but also incase it doesn't come off it covers all bases, in a way. 

Its Nixon, it means nowt.