Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Our last signings have been free transfers or of low value, we have made consistent huge losses for the past 4 years and still have a bloated wage bill. I’m guessing not a lot.

Exactly. Let's see what transpires. If DC wants us to avoid relegation, he needs to conjure something. I find it hard to believe that we would rest our fate on the likes of Rhodes, Baston, or Gestede.

13 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yes the problem is our record of doing that is poor at best. I can’t think of a single  forward we have brought in from a foreign league that has gone on to be a success (at our club) in the last 25?years. Hopefully that will change.

Even if they’re not a roaring success, but they are young enough, you will still get a return on your investment. Probably the only player we have bought, who fits that description, is Joao.

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy. Dom Howson speculating on getting Gestede, to get up Rhodes again.

Now that would be some signing, if fit and free and reasonable wages.  

Howson put out a podcast on day we made two signings which was linked through to Owlstalk. Unfortunately for him it showed he had little idea what was going on at Hillsborugh. His latest tweets when linking somebody to the club are just saying what has been posted elsewhere. Prior to this happening I was unaware of how out of the loop he was. 

His football judgement has always been iffy so with that and lack of knowledge you may as well speculate about a player on socialmedia your self.

• Like 2

Rumours amongst the fans on the Birmingham message boards that Lucas Jutkiewicz is on his way out.......

“Been told to find a club ain’t he? This will be the 3rd time Kranky has let Juke go. Do they not see eye to eye? Or does he just not fancy him?”

”Just does not fit into his system! I said this in a thread the other day but got shouted down?”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Rumours amongst the fans on the Birmingham message boards that Lucas Jutkiewicz is on his way out.......

“Been told to find a club ain’t he? This will be the 3rd time Kranky has let Juke go. Do they not see eye to eye? Or does he just not fancy him?”

”Just does not fit into his system! I said this in a thread the other day but got shouted down?”

Happily take him, always a threat and always seems to score against us!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Happily take him, always a threat and always seems to score against us!

Did we say the same about Rhodes?..

Jury would be out for me, if we are spending money in transfer fees I hoped it would be on younger players with resale value.  But if it’s a financially sensible deal then fair play 

9 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

unfortunately read Forest wanted him? Would be a great signing for us though imo. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

If this is correct I reckon he will end up here 

Tough one Jutkiewizc.

Experienced and after being injured seems to have played regularly last two seasons.

Management team know him inside out.

Proper leader of the line , doesn’t fit the high pressing game , not mobile, can’t run behind  but would make us a totally different proposition to play against .

Can we afford him?

On balance it’s a tough decision to invest probably most of the funds we have available on him.

Glad it’s not my call

• Like 1

Jukewitz completely different from Rhodes! Different style different character aswell. We need players that will be up for the fight and jukewitz certainly has got plenty of that? I posted 2-3 weeks ago he’d probably go cus kranky bombed him out at boro, hope we have the funds to get him cus imo he’s definitely what we need. The fact forest signed that other players might help our chances? If we could also get a speedster on loan think our chances improved dramatically?

Just now, gurujuan said:

Yes, let’s steer well clear Not my idea of an exciting centre forward 

As needs must this season? Liked what you suggested re German league or another league , and they are the types of players we should have been signing over the last 3/4 seasons esp when we had the money? But we need to stay in this league and put yourself in monks position ( not getting into argument about monk he the manager atm and that’s that ) would you take a chance on someone from another county unproven or go for someone you and your coaches have worked with , know exactly wot he’ll bring and his character ? I know who’d I’d go for IF I was in his position? 

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, let’s steer well clear Not my idea of an exciting centre forward 

I’d have him if we also sign another more pacey striker on loan maybe so we can mix things up.

This league is tough and this year will be a battle and not always pretty.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I've despised our historical signings of over-30s... but I reckon Jutkiewicz on a two-year deal would be fantastic for us if it could all come through at the right price.

I agree too.

He has a good injury record too. I have noticed a lot of the big lump type players tend not to get injured, whereas the quick dynamic types always seem to pull up.

• Like 1