Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

4 hours ago, Kraschenbern said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we signed someone from the German Leagues. Penney and JVA just been out there and Borner obviously is from there and might know a player or two he's come up against. Added bonus having Borner might mean a fellow German might come over as they'd have a fellow countryman already here. Makes settling easier. 

As I wrote before, Diamantakos who played with Penney at St Pauli last season is a top striker who would have been big improvement on what we had here last season and afordable on lower wages. 

Guest Hornsby

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy. Dom Howson speculating on getting Gestede, to get up Rhodes again.

Now that would be some signing, if fit and free and reasonable wages.  

Edited by Hornsby

14 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy. Dom Howson speculating on getting Gestede, to get up Rhodes again.

yesterday Dom was saying be hasnt heard anything about Gestede being linked? Said he’s the type of player (big lad) he thinks Monk wants but hasn’t heard Gestede mentioned. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

12 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Hope not, Rhodes is a busted flush (cue hat trick today now) so hardly worth bringing in a player who he had one good season with 6 years ago and who has hardly kicked a ball since.

So much for young and dynamic 😀

Guest wilyfox

We need to steer clear of has-beens like Gestede & Baston. They've struggled for 4yrs, like Rhodes - and Kachunga for the last 3. We need someone more current, who we can feel confident in will replace Fletcher's contribution. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We need to steer clear of has-beens like Gestede & Baston. They've struggled for 4yrs, like Rhodes - and Kachunga for the last 3. We need someone more current, who we can feel confident in will replace Fletcher's contribution. 

Problem is financially we can’t afford a “on form current” striker. I think the one we will get will either be a yet unproven one we hope will improve with us or one past his best to try and get them back to how they were like gestede. We simply can’t afford anything else.

It would be great if we can bring in a couple of exciting forwards and hit the ground running. I do believe we need to eat that -12 up quickly or win the appeal to have a chance. 

Mourinho style all against us may help. 

Norwich are doing more good business, Gibson, Dowell and Hugill. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Problem is financially we can’t afford a “on form current” striker. I think the one we will get will either be a yet unproven one we hope will improve with us or one past his best to try and get them back to how they were like gestede. We simply can’t afford anything else.

None of us know what we can afford. If we were sensible, we'll have biased our budget towards signing a decent striker, given the decision to overhaul that department. 

29 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Maybe not in this country, that could be why we are supposedly looking overseas

41 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe not in this country, that could be why we are supposedly looking overseas

Yes the problem is our record of doing that is poor at best. I can’t think of a single  forward we have brought in from a foreign league that has gone on to be a success (at our club) in the last 25?years. Hopefully that will change.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

None of us know what we can afford. If we were sensible, we'll have biased our budget towards signing a decent striker, given the decision to overhaul that department. 

Our last signings have been free transfers or of low value, we have made consistent huge losses for the past 4 years and still have a bloated wage bill. I’m guessing not a lot.