Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Actually just read a German article from yesterday saying Bundesliga clubs looking at him and he'd cost around €5M euros. 

Maybe that sort of figure might not be beyond us, and often these transfer speculation articles have the purchase price a little high. We know we have money, the Leko bid, the fee paid to Wigan (grrrr) and the fact that we were attempting to bring Samatta here, before his price doubled with Premier League interest 

Possibly why Monk was playing any incomings down Now I’ve just alerted all the big boys, doh

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Brentford had Hofmann a few seasons ago. 

I watched a couple of his games post lockdown and he reminded me a lot of Fletcher.

Then when I looked up his career his time at Brentford seemed less than impressive and I vaguely recalled him being there. I’d imagine he’d cost a fair fee too considering the solid season he’s had. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we signed someone from the German Leagues. Penney and JVA just been out there and Borner obviously is from there and might know a player or two he's come up against. Added bonus having Borner might mean a fellow German might come over as they'd have a fellow countryman already here. Makes settling easier. 

• Like 1

Don’t see us finding the focal point striker we need in England so may well be a bit of a punt on a foreigner. At least the majority of our other new signings have good Championship experience in Brown, Dunkley, Kachunga and Windass. I suppose integrating one or two foreign players into the set up wk t be too bad with the other Championship experience we have.

• Like 1

Serdar Dursun from Darmstadt. Scored 19 in 36 games as they finished 5th in bundesliga 2. 28 years old and has only 1 year left on his contract. He is valued at £1.35m on transfermarket. He has been linked with some top Turkish teams tho. Sounds ideal to me but this isn’t football manager. 

6 minutes ago, swfcjam said:

Serdar Dursun from Darmstadt. Scored 19 in 36 games as they finished 5th in bundesliga 2. 28 years old and has only 1 year left on his contract. He is valued at £1.35m on transfermarket. He has been linked with some top Turkish teams tho. Sounds ideal to me but this isn’t football manager. 

He certainly sounds the type we need.

6,5 and scores....