Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Some, like Hickey for example, were always going to be difficult, likewise Garner, who was bound to stimulate interest. We may still get Garner, and possibly Holland also. Leko I think would have been an excellent signing. Yes we do appear to still be looking at quality, and hopefully we will get a few in by the end of the window. I guess I’m just a bit wary after what happened last season, when we said similar things, and then it never happened. We’ve added some ballast to the squad, rather like we did last year, with the signings of Dunkley, Windass and Kachunga, now we need to add that extra quality.

Monk clearly wants some younger options, to his credit. He's the one pushing for a more youthful dynamic. It's whether or not DC can make it happen. I wanted a striker under 25 added to the group. Would have been happy with any of Leko/Simmonds/Lubala. Keinan Davis would be an interesting alternative. I'm not sure Garner is live now after signing Brown. We had two choices; sign Garner and push Bannan further forward, or sit Bannan deep and sign attacking-mid Brown.

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Monk clearly wants some younger options, to his credit. He's the one pushing for a more youthful dynamic. It's whether or not DC can make it happen. I wanted a striker under 25 added to the group. Would have been happy with any of Leko/Simmonds/Lubala. Keinan Davis would be an interesting alternative. I'm not sure Garner is live now after signing Brown. We had two choices; sign Garner and push Bannan further forward, or sit Bannan deep and sign attacking-mid Brown.

I would imagine if Garner signed, he’d operate in the Luongo role. Totally agree though, that we need a young fleet footed striker to add another dimension to the group Strangely, as I’m always banging on about bringing in more younger players, I’m not advocating youth for the centre forward role. Here I think we need a bit of experience, not necessarily a thirty something, but not a novice either

Yep defo got brown instead of garner imo, if garner was a holding player which after watching him a few times he isn’t that type then think we’d have pushed for him more? To me now is the striker that’s gona he’ll everything together? Someone like wickham ( fit wickham) Abraham would be ideal but unfortunately those are few and far between ang probably out of our price range now? A fit fletcher would also have been ideal but we couldn’t offer wot he thought he was worth? Under our current predicament think there is an amount to spend but prob not enough for what we really need. I’d av took Martin for a season but even he has got himself a 2 yr deal? I’d Push boat for afobe if they’d let him out on loan? Waiting game I guess knowing we prob gona av to wait till wots left after everyone else had their pickings 

3 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

where you seen this?

I got it from my usual source, a parent of one of the development players. He can’t be any more specific than that. Trust him though, as he tells me loads of academy stuff, which is generally correct

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t think we can be watching games as their season hasn’t started has it? Who was it who used to post stuff on here about Bundesliga 2 prospects?

Don’t forget Van Aken and Penney just both done a year there, pretty sure they would know the “handfuls” they came up against.

• Like 1