Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

All about staying in this league this season? We haven’t got time to bed players in need to hit the ground running? While I’d normally be against signing over 30s after our recent record, just think that because of our predicament we still need to sign a couple of older battle hardened scrappers 

• Like 3

Guest domSWFC
3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

United set to sign Oliver Burke from WBA and Jayden Bogle & Max Lowe from Derby. Callum Robinson going to WBA in return for Burke.

I hate my life.

When Leeds are signing Spanish internationals like Rodrigo, Villa and Fulham signing United'd targets, then they settling for steady top end championship players. I think they could struggle next year. 

I really wanted to bring in a load of young exciting players this summer but the minus 12 deduction has paid to that.

If Jutkiewicz is available and would like to come, I would pursue it. He’s got all the attributes that we require in our team. We would stand a better chance of staying up if we could land him. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

When Leeds are signing Spanish internationals like Rodrigo, Villa and Fulham signing United'd targets, then they settling for steady top end championship players. I think they could struggle next year. 

Wilder’s management style wouldn’t work with a better quality of player. They’ll top out next season and then a decline will start. 

I still think by end of window we'll get the man City kid (think he'll lower his wage demands on a perm), as a younger option ellis sims from Everton (now they have a few more signings in) and Deon sanderson(from wolves).

I don't think we'll garner or get another defensively minded DM as he'll keep bannan deep, with FDB and luongo as the legs and brown/windass giving more creativity. Hunt/Shaw as a backup to bannan. Joey filling when we need to protect a lead of the bench (haha) 

As plenty have said, my preference is younger players, as it'll show we are trying to plan ahead and change our thinking, thus in turn giving the squad some slack from the fans, but if karanaka does indeed fall out with Juke then I'd take him here as he's an upgrade on Rhodes, has played in a team in this situation and has played well for Monk. So as a 2 Yr option to tide us over I think makes sense. But agree options abroad would probably be cheaper. 

I would still consider someone like Irvine, as he can play several midfield roles. 

That squad would be decent to normally get top half, so hopefully help us stay up, or if we happen to some how miraculously overturn our penalty, a sneak of a playoff, if we can hit the ground running. All ifs and buts I know, but as much as I don't rate Monk, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and being supportive and positive at least for a while lol. (well trying to!) 

In reality we'll probably do nothing like that haha