Get on the phone to Warnock

If it was a new season perhaps but with the points deduction looming, I don’t want to risk is to be honest. 

You could never be comfortable his intentions were true. Imagine us getting -21points and he couldn’t keep us up? They’d put a statue of him outside bum hole lane. 

At least if it was a new season if he was doing bad we could sack him and salvage the season. Too risky for me.  

• Haha 1

'I said to Sharon, I said look love, I know I've got it in me. One more promotion - with a club this size? I couldn't turn it down really could I? I'd only be sat on my tractor down in Cornwall, or getting under Sharon's feet - she wanted me out the house anyway. 

Morgs, Tongey, Paddy, Kozzy, Browny - they are all coming with me. They know its a risk, but if the lads give their all the fans will back us. That's all I ask. All Wednesday aren't we?'

image.png.4e61f7d9d222bb55165068b060fb37ba.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can see why people are saying this and God knows we could do much worse, but the time to appoint Warnock was when we appointed Irvine.

He was practically begging for the job but half our fanbase just wouldnt have it , instead he went to QPR and got them promoted , whereas Irvine................

I just fear (apart from half the fanbase throwing a fit again) that he may be a little past his sell by.......................but as i said , as a short term fix we could do a hell of a lot worse.

2 hours ago, the monk said:

Absolute no brainer ,If we had listened to Milan we would have been in the prem years ago .

Let's forget all the small minded piggy garbage and go for the BEST MAN AVAILABLE 

Warnock's the man 

Hello? It’s  got to be a blade that’s started this thread!

After what he has said about us over the years I would rather be languishing in league one than have that parrot nosed tvvat managing us. I think we should be pulling out all the stops and going for Pardew. I know he’s in work but a mega bucks offer would lure him in I’m sure.

3 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

Hello? It’s  got to be a blade that’s started this thread!

After what he has said about us over the years I would rather be languishing in league one than have that parrot nosed tvvat managing us. I think we should be pulling out all the stops and going for Pardew. I know he’s in work but a mega bucks offer would lure him in I’m sure.

Goon by name goon by nature ,enjoy the 3rd cos that's where we are heading 

Is that  massive "L" on your head tattooed or biro ?

I despair !

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

If it was a new season perhaps but with the points deduction looming, I don’t want to risk is to be honest. 

You could never be comfortable his intentions were true. Imagine us getting -21points and he couldn’t keep us up? They’d put a statue of him outside bum hole lane. 

At least if it was a new season if he was doing bad we could sack him and salvage the season. Too risky for me.  

Didn't see this post before I posted something similar in another thread lol

• Thanks 1

I cant bring myself to be so desperate, that he is the answer.....yet.

Withn such a big summer ahead, I'm also concerned that we dont go into the transfer window without a manager, vision, direction and once again have to play catch up. 

If we make a change (and I'm not convinced we will) needs to be a quick permanent appointment, with long term vision in mind. 

Personally I could live with it, but the reaction the last time this nearly happened was enough to warn me off. The atmosphere around the club is already turning toxic.

I could imagine it being a lot like Warnock’s time at L**ds - high expectations but not enough room to manoeuvre so things quickly end up going wrong.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

Guest LittleG

The depths people want to plunge to. I thoright it was a joke when it was suggested in another thread, now some are in agreement. Strange.