Get on the phone to Warnock

This current squad needs a disciplinarian, but the majority of this squad will be gone anyway in the summer.

If we still had a realistic chance of the play offs this season, Warnock is the man to bring in and put a rocket up them and drag us over the line. That’s not the case though.  

We need a fresh start in the summer, we will have to cut our cloth to suit and it may mean bringing in some hungry lower league players. You only have to look at what Wilder did. They’d run through a brick wall for him. Giving your absolute all should be a given as a pro footballer but as we’ve seen of late it’s not. We need to bring in players who will give their all and have a resilient mentality. Blend that with the likes of Fletcher, Borner, Bannan etc and you’re on your way to a good side.

Just now, Tudders said:

This current squad needs a disciplinarian, but the majority of this squad will be gone anyway in the summer.

If we still had a realistic chance of the play offs this season, Warnock is the man to bring in and put a rocket up them and drag us over the line. That’s not the case though.  

We need a fresh start in the summer, we will have to cut our cloth to suit and it may mean bringing in some hungry lower league players. You only have to look at what Wilder did. They’d run through a brick wall for him. Giving your absolute all should be a given as a pro footballer but as we’ve seen of late it’s not. We need to bring in players who will give their all and have a resilient mentality. Blend that with the likes of Fletcher, Borner, Bannan etc and you’re on your way to a good side.

Easier said than done, not many wilders about and our lot have a habit of splashing the cash and up the creek with no paddle. 

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Easier said than done, not many wilders about and our lot have a habit of splashing the cash and up the creek with no paddle. 

Yes mate it won’t be easy! Certainly some wishful thinking but I think with the lack of funds available due to FFP and mistakes of the past, I think the only route is to go for the hungry lower league player. 

We can cope with the odd defeat, it’s the manner of them that matters. 

Lower league players-I mean the best of League one and two-will feel honoured to play for the club. That’s what we need and  what seems to be lacking. 

19 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

If we had set Warnock on when MM was here I firmly believe we would now be in the prem. Problem is part of our fanbase can't see beyond him being a pig fan and take his banter totally the wrong way.

Remember when he took 3 of our surplus to requirements players and had them in the prem the year after?

Think he must be broader minded than us  

1 minute ago, Tudders said:

Yes mate it won’t be easy! Certainly some wishful thinking but I think with the lack of funds available due to FFP and mistakes of the past, I think the only route is to go for the hungry lower league player. 

We can cope with the odd defeat, it’s the manner of them that matters. 

Lower league players-I mean the best of League one and two-will feel honoured to play for the club. That’s what we need and  what seems to be lacking. 

They will still need managing correctly, is monk right, Ime really not sure and he's doing himself no favours at  present. 

5 hours ago, philswiz said:

It’s a no from me.....

A1FE5AB1-BD23-4830-A395-47A576DC08E9.jpeg

Said to get under the skin of the more gullible side of our fan base and succeeded!

That said it  could be a quote from most of our managers over the last 25yrs

"Oh Carlos that first season" drool drool

Failure written in our DNA