Players need to go - Monk

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

If that’s the case, and I don’t believe it is, then we probably haven’t done our homework on these new players we are signing 

It’s no callow youths we are signing, they are experienced players, adults, and shouldn’t be broken down by players not even in the team. 

Constantly every day though, eventually it will suck the life out of you. 

I dont blame them, but it's not all new signings that have bottled it under them.

Guest LittleG
Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Tbf, if you get belittled from the minute you sign, it's hard to keep your head up and push past it. Doesnt matter how strong your character is.

I would really like to know how you know all this. Did this same group of 4 players tell the rest to go out and put the effort in in cup matches but not league games. The lack of commitment has only come to the fore in the last 7 or 8 matches; we were grinding out results earlier in the season and the effort was there. So what changed in December? Did these 4 players say enoughs enough, you're working too hard.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.274e848c25c28b3c4f1eb2abd83be350.png

I KNOW who I want and who I don't

It's been too comfortable for some. I know the players I can take forward and the ones I cant

Everyone has had an opportunity...

...and things are clear in my mind. I have the players in mind that are ready to fight and I want to take forward but the rest of them.....we’re not afraid to make decisions. My words seem harsh but they are just honest .

Morgan Fox Injury update

Morgan is one who gives his all, he took a knock on the ankle but being the player he is, the charachter he is, he wanted to try and carry on. He's player who wants to fight for the club

Problem he's got here is he knows who he wants rid of but no one is going to take them. 

He'll have to wait for the summer to off them.

Problem is will he get that long,  some folks are already calling for his head. 

And when they do go in the summer....for nowt...He's not going to have owt decent to spend on replacements - if he's still here. 

This is gonna be an on going issue for whoever is in charge

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He (GM) might just be softening us all up for some big name departures over the next couple of days.

I hope so . i wouldnt be disappointed if any of them went. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

Problem he's got here is he knows who he wants rid of but no one is going to take them. 

He'll have to wait for the summer to off them.

Problem is will he get that long,  some folks are already calling for his head. 

And when they do go in the summer....for nowt...He's not going to have owt decent to spend on replacements - if he's still here. 

This is gonna be an on going issue for whoever is in charge

By process of elimination, it’s easy to deduce he was targeting Bannan in last nights rant Believe me, were he to be put up for sale, there would be no shortage of takers

Guest Kameron
11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He (GM) might just be softening us all up for some big name departures over the next couple of days.

Fingers crossed, it would be the best transfer window in a long time if that were to happen.  Sadly it won't happen, they will run down their contracts and depart in the summer rather than move on for reduced salaries.

31 minutes ago, LittleG said:

It doesn't say much for the character of the players we've signed if that's true. 

That could be very true .

As the old saying goes , Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog 

14 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We don't have any big name players do we ?

BB is the nearest thing to it and you have to wonder why "big" clubs aren't knocking on the door for him.

Guest wilyfox

Monk has to act, otherwise his remarks would mean no more than a pathetic rant following a defeat. He must back up his strong insinuations. 

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

By process of elimination, it’s easy to deduce he was targeting Bannan in last nights rant Believe me, were he to be put up for sale, there would be no shortage of takers

To be honest I think he could have been on about at least 8 of em!

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

4 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

That result has convinced me we aren’t going anywhere this season.

..yet again conceding late - incapable of playing for 90 mins and losing to yet another mediocre side.

big clear out out needed - this squad won’t get us up.

Neither will this chairman and manager

45 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Soften away Garry, soften away. Dont have problem with selling players at all. Not one of this squad I'm that attached to, or I think would be a disaster if they left. 

From the chairman down, the club is a mess. 

Of course you can't just pin it all on the current manager, who still somehow has a half decent points to game ratio (1.5)

However that's only after 24 games (25?):

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/garry-monk/profil/trainer/33665

Yet I have to still admit I'm really starting to have doubts over the manager all the same. We need a miracle worker, and I just don't think that's Monk. I'm getting too many flashes of Jos relying on the keeper playing a blinder and the opposition forwards having an off day (I.e. the Leeds game).

He was sacked by Boro after only 26 games in with a similar ratio and similar player friction. He averages just under a year a club.

He won't be given the transfers or funds required to rework the squad, so he must work with what he's got. He's clearly not able to do that with this group of players.  
So whether you back him or want him out, it's a reasonable assumption that it's doubtful Monk will still be the manger this time next year.

I’m sure those of a more optimistic nature could rationally disagree, however we need to build a whole new squad without flashing the cash. That means finding gems in the lower leagues, free transfers and bringing youth players through to make up the shortfalls. Is Monk the type of manager who can do this? Has he experience of building up a team with limited resources before? I’m not so sure he's no big Mick in that regard.

Yet I have no doubts whatsoever that the main problem at this club is the Chairman. Until he and his entourage are shown the door, we can change the manager all we want, but nothing will change. Maybe that issue will be forced in a week or so, though the implications of that doesn't bear thinking about.

Edited by pussface
para breaks
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

well that’s the thing yes you can, he picks the teams, he sets up the game plan ( which is plan a regrdless of if it works) 

his job is to get the best out of his team/ squad, he isn’t doing that. The players are a big part of the problem for sure, but to totally excuse a-manager just because they aren’t his players is testicles. 
he knew exactly our position when he took the job, it would help if we were t so one dimensional. 

He will have known our position when he took the job regarding finances players ability etc, but it is unlikely he will have known the players temperament/mindset.

He can pick the team and set the game plan, the players then have to stick to it and do what he tells them though. It doesn't seem that they are doing this.

I think Monk is right in many ways but im still not sure on him though. His team selection and subs are  often poor although I know his choices were restricted in midfield last night but Pelupessey. He should be nowhere near the first team and god help us if he is given a contract.

3 minutes ago, Terryowl said:

I think Monk is right in many ways but im still not sure on him though. His team selection and subs are  often poor although I know his choices were restricted in midfield last night but Pelupessey. He should be nowhere near the first team and god help us if he is given a contract.

to be honest,who is worth keeping..?