Players need to go - Monk

I don't think you have to sit in either / or camp on this. 

There is an issue with some players at the club.

There is an issue with how the Club is being run day to day

There is an issue with how Monk sets us up, the tactics and a lack of a Plan B

Let's be honest he ain't going to get 2/3 transfer windows to turn this around. The average tenure of a Championship manager is what 15 months.

The lack of a sustainable coordinated plan driven from the top of the Club is ultimately responsible though. The short term gamble has failed - the long term consequences of which I genuinely fear for where we are headed.

It's a mess and what we see on the pitch is just the end result 

I suspect if we don’t see a bit of movement over the next few days then I think Monk will walk as he’s basically said to the Chairman that there’s a big job to be done and he needs to be backed?

Using the Holiday Camp analogy which our club probably currently resembles right now, the likelihood is Geoffrey Fairbrother (Monk) walks out, Joe Maplin (Chansiri) then goes on to replace him with Ted Bovis (Bullen)? There’s no Hi-De-Hi about this scenario, it’s definitely a No-De-No WTF:

• Haha 1

If (for financial reasons) we are stuck with the players we've got.. Monk walks or gets his cards then all that will be achieved is that the players have seen off another boss.. then they'll work on getting the next one the sack.

The club's only way out is to hang onto Monk and let the ludicrous contracts wind down.. I can't see another way out of it..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

That’s the talk of a manager passing the book to keep himself out of bother, he’s partly right but his tactics and style of play do t suit this squad. It’s the same shirt every game. 

poor players, poor tactics, poor performances poor substitutions poor manager. 

I tried to wait before I cam on to calm down but after watching g yet another display of poo from top to bottom I can’t be calm.....

his substitutions baffle me as well most of the time I didn’t want him as manger before he came, im liking him even less now. 

Non of players are his signings/players.

Fans have been crying out for us playing 2 up front, does it and tactics still don't work. 

Some of players simply aren't good enough, add that with some players that can't be arsed and we've got ingredients of a diabolical performance like last night. 

Guest The Horse
30 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Using the Holiday Camp analogy which our club probably currently resembles right now, the likelihood is Geoffrey Fairbrother (Monk) walks out, Joe Maplin (Chansiri) then goes on to replace him with Ted Bovis (Bullen)? There’s no Hi-De-Hi about this scenario, it’s definitely a No-De-No WTF:

Good morning, campers.

All must report in to Greno Woods at 9am for a bracing exercise session with today's special guest, Mr. Megson. Enjoy!

hi-de-hi.jpg.685bda10ca8e9899f3b8ec14cd988c37.jpg

Most refreshing and honest post match interview. Should have been said a month ago but glad it has been finally said. These words need to be backed now with a changed squad on Saturday. Fletcher has been putting a plaster over a squad who don’t have the mentality, drive and are just far too comfortable.

Jos knew but didn’t have the tactics, Monk is echoing what the fans see and feel. GM needs to have his own back room staff and players.

Will youngsters get a run in side? Is it fair to throw them at deep end? Some might say not fair to get in front of the over paid jokes currently being picked.

37 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If (for financial reasons) we are stuck with the players we've got.. Monk walks or gets his cards then all that will be achieved is that the players have seen off another boss.. then they'll work on getting the next one the sack.

The club's only way out is to hang onto Monk and let the ludicrous contracts wind down.. I can't see another way out of it..

Spot on, no one comes in for our players, so we have to wait every summer to get rid. To completely clear the old squad will be summer 2021.

22 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Most refreshing and honest post match interview. Should have been said a month ago but glad it has been finally said.

He has mate, just no one has been listening. 

Go back to the interview after the debacle at Stoke. Monk is telling the fans then that he was on the touchline, screaming at the players to push up from the edge of our box but they wouldn’t listen to him. 

It’s not the first time he has mentioned players not doing what they have been asked either.

These players let Bullen down previously, they have let the supporters down time and time again and have let a number of managers down. They have shown their true characters. 

Edited by Miffed
  • Like 1

Players are dire . Most needed shipping out including golden boy bannan , In fact one of the biggest culprits . They are boring to watch , gutless and most of them have been here way too long . These crappy players and our half witted owner , no wonder we are in the mire . I pray chansiri sells , but who in their right mind would want to inherit his failings 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

That’s the talk of a manager passing the book to keep himself out of bother, he’s partly right but his tactics and style of play do t suit this squad. It’s the same shirt every game. 

poor players, poor tactics, poor performances poor substitutions poor manager. 

I tried to wait before I cam on to calm down but after watching g yet another display of poo from top to bottom I can’t be calm.....

his substitutions baffle me as well most of the time I didn’t want him as manger before he came, im liking him even less now. 

How anyone can defend our squad after what has happened recently is beyond belief. A lot of us had inclining there wasn’t enough passion in there, but it’s blatantly obvious to see.

Choose who the manager is he won’t achieve with this lot.

The problem with all this is Monk is doing what many fans do - speak in general terms. 

When fans have identified the weaknesses of everyone of those players in the squad last night, other fans have jumped to their defence and given reasons why they should be at SWFC. Pelupessy is a classic example - clearly not good enough, but people on here continue to say he's ok - he isn't good enough for any Championship team, and shouldn't be playing in our team.

I'm not sure if Monk is the long term answer, but he will need at least 12 months; 2 transfer windows to get a new player with a different mind set and the physical and technical attributes that ensure we compete in every game, not brief spells throughout a long season.

These players are shot - some will stay, and I hope they can rid themselves the tag of failure by other hungry players coming to the club that changes their mentality.

5 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

How anyone can defend our squad after what has happened recently is beyond belief. A lot of us had inclining there wasn’t enough passion in there, but it’s blatantly obvious to see.

Choose who the manager is he won’t achieve with this lot.

It’s not just passion , it’s also being crap . They are an embarrassment and that half wit owner still thinks rinsing the fans is the answer . 

• Thanks 1

Lack of aggression, power, strength

No will to win, not first to the ball, won’t go hard in the tackles 

Fox and Iorfa aside, them lot are such a set of wet arseh0les - riding challenges, not going up for headers etc. It’s rife all over park.

Watching Odubajo try and defend and go up for a header etc was so painful - no wonder he’s been told to go 

We have GOT to play 4 3 3 next home game