Players need to go - Monk

A very strange group of players.  Great to hear Monk say the things that fans are feeling. Hopefully he is serious and the line up on Saturday shows some major changes. I’d rather we put in the likes of Shaw, Borukov and Hunt than the senior pros who aren’t putting in the effort. 

We aren’t getting promoted this season with this group so time to cut ties now 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Good luck getting rid of players like this on huge contracts 48 hours before the end of the transfer window.  

Roll up, roll up. 

Monk didn’t suggest they would in fairness. Alluded to it being something that will be done at the end of the season. 

Any manager is judged on the results of his players .....most think these players arnt up to the job  of getting promoted and yet monk  who hasn't signed any of them seems to be culpable for not turning them into a consistent team ..... 

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yes. 

A horrific showing, which was pretty much matched by tonight's "effort". 

It goes beyond players having a bad day at the office and, imo, not actually caring anymore. 

Some of the stuff that went on tonight (like QPR) was more than a few players having an off day. 

It was mind numbing....watching journeymen watching the clock. UTO.

This set of spineless cowards threw Jos under the bus and they did the same to Carlos.

You can now see why after just a few months of working with these players Steve Bruce wanted out.

The problem for the players however is you can only do that so many times before fans start to look at the one constant though years of failure and abject performances and that is the players themselves.

Garry Monk has bought a single of these over paid wasters to the club and until he has chance to get some of them out of the door and rebuild the squad with his own players it would be very harsh to lay the blame with him.

The alternative would be to get rid of Monk and stick with the same tried and tested system of failure, by sticking with these players and bringing in the next chump who they can let down as they have every manager before him.

It's time to break this cycle of failure and have a good clear out.

I still maintain, this is the best squad of players since we dropped out of the premier league. 
Lets not forget we were 3rd a few weeks ago.

However there is obviously an issue, and I don’t blame the manager at all. This is down to the players. 
Monk needs time to reshape the squad. I used to love FF but he can do one, JR can follow, he’s never gonna be the player he used to be! 
We need young, hungry players that want that to play for this shirt! 

Monk has a point but he's stuck with these players till the end of the season at least. He may even end up leaving before some of the players he's considering - that's just football. Good managers get that extra 10% out of players through motivation and passion. Think Monk has just lost that part of it so don't expect anything special between now and the end of the season.

Monk probably did some math and figured out that we are not going up this season, even reaching the playoffs would be a serious overachievement. We are also not in the worst danger of relegation unless They decide otherwise. So now it was a good time to come out in public and say what is already very obvious to everyone. Now no one can hide even if he didn't mention any names. It's just a waiting game; whether Monk or the rotten deadwood give up first.

31 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

I still maintain, this is the best squad of players since we dropped out of the premier league. 
Lets not forget we were 3rd a few weeks ago.

However there is obviously an issue, and I don’t blame the manager at all. This is down to the players. 
Monk needs time to reshape the squad. I used to love FF but he can do one, JR can follow, he’s never gonna be the player he used to be! 
We need young, hungry players that want that to play for this shirt! 

No chance. The one where we lost to Huddersfield in the playoffs was our best squad. We blew it. Absolutely blew it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mishowl said:

Is it true that no one comes in for our players? Genuine question because there has been reports in the past that we have turned bids down. 

I would guess we have had bids for the players but could probably count them on one hand.

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

He has mate, just no one has been listening. 

Go back to the interview after the debacle at Stoke. Monk is telling the fans then that he was on the touchline, screaming at the players to push up from the edge of our box but they wouldn’t listen to him. 

It’s not the first time he has mentioned players not doing what they have been asked either.

These players let Bullen down previously, they have let the supporters down time and time again and have let a number of managers down. They have shown their true characters. 

Yeah he has previously but last night was probably the most damning comments. Unfortunately this is not a quick fix and it is going to take some time to turn this squad around.

54 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So, we can look forward to departures and arrivals in the next couple of days then?

Would you want to come to Wednesday after what Monk has just said?

Not that I blame him, but it doesn't make the club attractive to a possible new recruit

5 minutes ago, Statto Owl said:

Would you want to come to Wednesday after what Monk has just said?

Not that I blame him, but it doesn't make the club attractive to a possible new recruit

Fair point.... although, if they are midfielders or forwards they might think they could get straight in the team. 

Does Monk even see us signing anyone? 

3 loan signings and I’d be happy.... not sure how much chance of that there is though.