Players need to go - Monk

I mean, it's hard to disagree with what he's saying...we all know the squad is largely overpaid and overvalued.

Surely when he took this job, he knew what he was getting in to though? He must have known our FFP situation and our serious lack of resources to add more players to the squad? If he didn't, much like we can never be sure how much Jos really knew about our embargo and restrictions when he joined the club, i'd be concerned of how we're being ran at a higher level, what's Chansiri & the board really promising potential managers?

I still think we have the talent within the squad to finish in the top 6, certainly if we can bring in the right 2/3 during the loan window - which has been very disappointing so far. 

Monk needs to find another style of play to coach into this team, we've said it 100 times but Fletcher is long term injured we simply cannot continue long balls and direct football, we're so predictable and now he's lost plan A it appears like he's running out of ideas of what to do with this team. Reach, Murphy, Harris, Bannan, Forestieri, Luongo....we have plenty of attacking talent to find a winning formula.

On reflection on this whole mess, it really highlights what a terrible signing Jordan Rhodes was, that near £11 million fee was perhaps what financial crippled us for the next 3/4 seasons and beyond. There was just so much wrong with that. We already had 6 good striking options including an inform Winnall who we had only just signed, Rhodes offered nothing different to what we had, we desperately required strengthening in other areas instead (CB,RW/LW,CM,LB - some of those positions are still a big problem for us), allowing CC to spent all our £££ when his magic had gone (although i don't think he was behind this signing). GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

2 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

I mean, it's hard to disagree with what he's saying...we all know the squad is largely overpaid and overvalued.

Surely when he took this job, he knew what he was getting in to though? He must have known our FFP situation and our serious lack of resources to add more players to the squad? If he didn't, much like we can never be sure how much Jos really knew about our embargo and restrictions when he joined the club, i'd be concerned of how we're being ran at a higher level, what's Chansiri & the board really promising potential managers?

I still think we have the talent within the squad to finish in the top 6, certainly if we can bring in the right 2/3 during the loan window - which has been very disappointing so far. 

Monk needs to find another style of play to coach into this team, we've said it 100 times but Fletcher is long term injured we simply cannot continue long balls and direct football, we're so predictable and now he's lost plan A it appears like he's running out of ideas of what to do with this team. Reach, Murphy, Harris, Bannan, Forestieri, Luongo....we have plenty of attacking talent to find a winning formula.

On reflection on this whole mess, it really highlights what a terrible signing Jordan Rhodes was, that near £11 million fee was perhaps what financial crippled us for the next 3/4 seasons and beyond. There was just so much wrong with that. We already had 6 good striking options including an inform Winnall who we had only just signed, Rhodes offered nothing different to what we had, we desperately required strengthening in other areas instead (CB,RW/LW,CM,LB - some of those positions are still a big problem for us), allowing CC to spent all our £££ when his magic had gone (although i don't think he was behind this signing). GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

We keep going on about the talent in this squad 

They cant pass a ball 5 yards and if they do they give it away the next pass 

Every throw in the opposition have the ball 2 seconds later 

We are that drenched in c rap after 20 years we as fans dont know any different 

• Like 2

Looks like we are just going to limp on to the summer when we will have a bit of a clear out.
Now that Dawson has signed a new contract I expect everyone elses whose runs out in the summer can go, good riddance to a few of them.
If we don't have many resources to play with we are going to have to be really smart with the players we bring in, fans might have to show a bit of patience for a couple of seasons before we can challenge to go up. Although with the ticket prices I think patience might be thin on the ground.

Anyone else worried that if the EFL find us guilty and dock us points this season there would be a very real possibility we will be in league one next season. These players don’t have the fight to get us out of a relegation battle. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

35 minutes ago, Statto Owl said:

Would you want to come to Wednesday after what Monk has just said?

Not that I blame him, but it doesn't make the club attractive to a possible new recruit

It’s a Brexit World now. No mamby-pambying about trying to be politically correct, trying not to upset people’s feelings.

Just say it as it is, and concentrate on delivering a successful outcome, the only thing that matters.

51 minutes ago, vulva said:

No chance. The one where we lost to Huddersfield in the playoffs was our best squad. We blew it. Absolutely blew it. 

Yet after the Barnsley away game in early April we were well off the pace, and looked like we are now; slow; lacking energy and struggling. We managed to go on a 6-win run to get us into the play-offs, but it looked more comfortable than it was. The two play off games were a shambles, probably down to CC in player fitness, bringing certain players from injury too quick and his negative tactics.

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Anyone else worried that if the EFL find us guilty and dock us points this season there would be a very real possibility we will be in league one next season. These players don’t have the fight to get us out of a relegation battle. 

It’s a possibility, and the only way Monk will get us out of this division

I sympathise with Monk with some of rubbish he’s inherited, need a massive clear out, but until then he’s got to find a system that works with what he’s got, to make us competitive n he’s not doing it. He just doesn’t look like the kind of manager to motivate a player. We should at least be solid at back.

Iorfa had Moore in his pocket all match, he didn’t have one shot. Fox gets injured, what’s he do? Moves Iorfa to right back! Defence was all over place! Why not Just bring another full back on to replace Fox ffs, tactical suicide

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It might get to a point that we could do a deal with the EFL - take 6/9points in April when we look to be safe.

A risk with this lot I know, but I'd rather get it out of the way and start afresh next season if we have to take some sort of hit.

Just now, Animis said:

It might get to a point that we could do a deal with the EFL - take 6/9points in April when we look to be safe.

A risk with this lot I know, but I'd rather get it out of the way and start afresh next season if we have to take some sort of hit.

if found guilty I would be very surprised/pleased if they only docked us 6/9 points. 

43 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

show me where I am defending the squad, but to  it include the manager in the blame is beyond belief. We have turned up for half games On a almost constant basis since he arrived, we are one dimensional and that style doesn’t work without fletcher. We sit deep late in games which as I mentioned as cost us at least 9 times in just half a season..... the desire is lacking from this squad for sure, but to also say they don’t have quality, we have enough to be doing better even without the desire, the way we play doesn’t suit 3/4 of the squad, not that it should be an excuse for lack of effort but what we are doing clearly isn’t working which is why we sit 11th in the worst year I have seen in this division in years. 

the players are a problem but to deny our tactics and game plans aren’t and people saying it isn’t monks fault too are barmy. 

Actually playing for half game goes way back to Carlos. Even in season one. Which suggests players not managers. 

31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we get points deducted then I expect Chansiri to appeal so likely to rumble on for ages.

Feel we are a club in a bit of limbo at the moment.

10 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

That’s the talk of a manager passing the book to keep himself out of bother, he’s partly right but his tactics and style of play do t suit this squad. It’s the same shirt every game. 

poor players, poor tactics, poor performances poor substitutions poor manager. 

I tried to wait before I cam on to calm down but after watching g yet another display of poo from top to bottom I can’t be calm.....

his substitutions baffle me as well most of the time I didn’t want him as manger before he came, im liking him even less now. 

This problem has been there for a couple of years, it's not something new since Monk took over. You cannot blame Monk for the players he  inherited  who just want to sit and pick up their fat wages and give nothing in return. 

27 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Looks like we are just going to limp on to the summer when we will have a bit of a clear out.
Now that Dawson has signed a new contract I expect everyone elses whose runs out in the summer can go, good riddance to a few of them.
If we don't have many resources to play with we are going to have to be really smart with the players we bring in, fans might have to show a bit of patience for a couple of seasons before we can challenge to go up. Although with the ticket prices I think patience might be thin on the ground.

We have been fed this crap every season for the last twenty years.  WE ARE BEING DUPED.  We, the supporters, are like the man very much in love with an unfaithful wife, who forgives her every time in the hope that she will change and things will improve.

image.png.274e848c25c28b3c4f1eb2abd83be350.png

I KNOW who I want and who I don't

It's been too comfortable for some. I know the players I can take forward and the ones I cant

Everyone has had an opportunity...

...and things are clear in my mind. I have the players in mind that are ready to fight and I want to take forward but the rest of them.....we’re not afraid to make decisions. My words seem harsh but they are just honest .

Morgan Fox Injury update

Morgan is one who gives his all, he took a knock on the ankle but being the player he is, the charachter he is, he wanted to try and carry on. He's player who wants to fight for the club

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.274e848c25c28b3c4f1eb2abd83be350.png

I KNOW who I want and who I don't

It's been too comfortable for some. I know the players I can take forward and the ones I cant

Everyone has had an opportunity...

...and things are clear in my mind. I have the players in mind that are ready to fight and I want to take forward but the rest of them.....we’re not afraid to make decisions. My words seem harsh but they are just honest .

Morgan Fox Injury update

Morgan is one who gives his all, he took a knock on the ankle but being the player he is, the charachter he is, he wanted to try and carry on. He's player who wants to fight for the club

For me this reflects what the fans have generally said. The issue for me is this 'player who fights for the club' comment. I agree this is a key attribute, but it's often given to the less technically gifted players; like Fox, Palmer, Pelupessy, Nuhiu etc. Fighting for the club should be a gimme in my eyes; not an optional trait, where you say, 'he's a bit average, but at least he tries'

We need and deserve better, although we may have to blend the quality players with the 'graffters' in the short term and see if this brings better performances.