Players need to go - Monk

1 hour ago, DEH9 said:

Problem he's got here is he knows who he wants rid of but no one is going to take them. 

He'll have to wait for the summer to off them.

Problem is will he get that long,  some folks are already calling for his head. 

And when they do go in the summer....for nowt...He's not going to have owt decent to spend on replacements - if he's still here. 

This is gonna be an on going issue for whoever is in charge

Exactly. I remember fans approving Danny Wilson showing the door to good squad players like Whittingham and Stefanovic, and replacing them with crocks who hardly played or expensive flops all competing for the same spot in the team Carbone already had. Those hoping on the summer clear out to solve our problems are in danger of setting themselves up for more disappointment. It will be back to the bargain bin and free transfers.

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

iorfa, borner, odubajo, all fairly new players, 2 of which are full regulars. Are we blaMing them too for not following instructions? 
Sorry not buying it, look back at my comment about who is he talking about with his comments. It stinks to me like back covering. He is underperforming  just like the players. 
if the players are ignoring his game plan/tactics then why is he picking the same 15 or so players week in week out?

just think about what your all insinuating. It doesn’t make much sense. 

At present he hasn't a lot of choice. 

• Thanks 1

Guest LittleG
23 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

He will have known our position when he took the job regarding finances players ability etc, but it is unlikely he will have known the players temperament/mindset.

He can pick the team and set the game plan, the players then have to stick to it and do what he tells them though. It doesn't seem that they are doing this.

Unfortunately we only have one game plan; get it wide and put a cross in. If part of the plan is also for BB to play too deep then he's also got to look at himself.  He seems devoid of any other ideas as to how to change things. 

13 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

That’s the talk of a manager passing the book to keep himself out of bother, he’s partly right but his tactics and style of play do t suit this squad. It’s the same shirt every game. 

poor players, poor tactics, poor performances poor substitutions poor manager. 

I tried to wait before I cam on to calm down but after watching g yet another display of poo from top to bottom I can’t be calm.....

his substitutions baffle me as well most of the time I didn’t want him as manger before he came, im liking him even less now. 

No it a manager being honest and saying what we have all been thinking. Well the same ones amongst us anyway.

6 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Unfortunately we only have one game plan; get it wide and put a cross in. If part of the plan is also for BB to play too deep then he's also got to look at himself.  He seems devoid of any other ideas as to how to change things. 

But if part of the plan is for BB to play in midfield rather than nearly as a centre back, that could explain Monks frustration when trying to get him further forward.

Guest Ferkorf
13 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

I agree a large overhaul is needed, I just don’t trust monk and his tactics to change our fortunes, i didn’t pre appointment even less now. 

We do need to just absolutely rip that squad apart.

On the monk situation I've not been slating him but for quite a while now I've been mentioning on certain threads Why does he play the same set up away from home as we do at home.

Its works away from home, we can't deny that but at home its absolutely pants...

Now whether thats down to the players not listening or him not saying things only they know.

Will it change with half a dozen new players of monks choosing.. I dont know I could only hope it does but I think hes a man set in his ways.

Time will tell

In my eyes Monk has tried everything to get this bunch winning. He has tried 442, 433 with a defensive midfielder , 433 with Bannan in front of the back 4 etc. Tried playing wingers on different wings.

I would have liked to see him try 352 but it is a big change.

You could say he has changed too often, but he needs to do anything  he can to get wins and when the players perform he has stuck with them. 

Generally they then let him down.

Win at Leeds, pick same team, disaster against Blackburn.

I don’t see how he can be called one dimensional given the things he has tried.

We do go long a lot, but do we really want to be rolling the ball out to our back 4 .

Monk looked at our squad and decided we didn’t have the players to pick up points playing nice passing football.

I agree with him.

If you don’t then tell us who these players are who are going to pass teams off the park.

Monk has made mistakes, of course he has, but he ain’t the root cause of the mess we find ourselves in.

Last night was horrific but dreading how Saturday might turn out if injuries mean he has to field a similar team.

13 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

• (That lack of desire) It’s reared it’s head more in this last month but I’ve always known it’s been there

• You see in critical moments the true character and the true desire and that’s what you judge it off. I’ve sat here many times protecting my teams and protecting my players but you can’t protect that, you can’t kid people.

• You have to be honest. I’ve seen that more often that I’d have liked in the past month and there’s no sugar coating that.

• It’s a process, it’s not an overnight thing. Change needs to come,.

• It’s been too comfortable for too long at this football club.

twilight_zone2.jpg

• Fans aren’t stupid, we went through the motions and got turned over in that second half. It’s not good enough.

• Change needs to happen. The ones that can do it and can fight and will fight for their futures every day at the football club, they need to be here.

• The ones that can’t need to go. That’s the way it needs to be

I think the above is my main concern watching wednesday for decades, we lack bo**ox, we lack bottle, we lack the will to battle it out when the going gets tough. we need some backbone.

as alan mullery used to say on that sky thingy in midweek, 'you have to win the right to play your football'.

or in words understood by football fans 'GER INTO EM'.

pace, controlled aggression, and some footballing ability, I figure that's all you might need.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

But if part of the plan is for BB to play in midfield rather than nearly as a centre back, that could explain Monks frustration when trying to get him further forward.

If Monk wants him to play further forward he should tell him to do so. Even during matches he could get instructions across for him to do so, but it never happens. If it's BB not taking notice then it's up to monk to sort it.

3 minutes ago, LittleG said:

If Monk wants him to play further forward he should tell him to do so. Even during matches he could get instructions across for him to do so, but it never happens. If it's BB not taking notice then it's up to monk to sort it.

Possibly why he said this?

• Change needs to happen. The ones that can do it and can fight and will fight for their futures every day at the football club, they need to be here.
  • Like 1

Guest LittleG
32 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Possibly why he said this?

Where BB plays is not about fight, it's about playing in a way to get the best out of his abilities. It's almost as though Monk has no problem with how deep he plays and that's worrying. BB needs to play further up the pitch. 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

By process of elimination, it’s easy to deduce he was targeting Bannan in last nights rant Believe me, were he to be put up for sale, there would be no shortage of takers

Who do you think takes a 30 year old central midfielder that isn't very good at tackling or shooting? He's expensive and declining with age? If he really could be sold I think the trouble we are in he'd be gone.

15 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Manager Defends players = Clown 

Manager nails players = Clown 

5 managers. 

Same players...

From last nights starting line up only 2 players have played under all 5 managers. 

5 only came in this season. 

Monk is successfully creating an immunity blanket.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Where BB plays is not about fight, it's about playing in a way to get the best out of his abilities. It's almost as though Monk has no problem with how deep he plays and that's worrying. BB needs to play further up the pitch. 

Monk screaming from the technical area at the players to get forward doesn't seem to agree with this.

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Monk screaming from the technical area at the players to get forward doesn't seem to agree with this.

To be honest I'm not sat near him so haven't a clue what he is screaming.  If it's aimed purely at BB then Monk needs to sort him out.