Players need to go - Monk

30 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

and failed at all of them 

Yeah Swansea are doing much better now he’s left. You think any of their fans would swap 8th in the PL for where there’s are now? He also managed Leeds to their highest league position since 2011  which was under the club management of a certified maniac in Cellino

28 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Really been struggling with this one all day.

Whose he accusing of lacking desire and effort?

Dawson - nope 

moses - potentially but again would be harsh 

Borner - nope 

Iorfa - nope 

Fox - already said he’ll run through brick walls 

Murphy - before the last few weeks I would have said yes, I didn’t see his performance last night but he scored so can’t imagine it was aimed at him 

Bannan - again, puts in 100%. How often do we see him chasing down their keeper 

Joey - Utter crap (I honestly can’t believe he’s a professional) but again he always gives 100%

Harris - nope 

which leaves the 2 strikers who both work hard too. 

Who on earth is Monk talking about? 

Great post and completely agree. We know the players are limited. We know they seem incapable of closing out a result. But not trying? I don't see it.

As a manager you have to take some responsibility for what happens on the pitch. If the players aren't doing what you are asking then to then why is that? If you cant motivate them why is that? 

I don't ever recall Bruce accusing the players of not trying and we were a right mess when he took over. If they played for Bruce but not Monk then why is this?

17 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

The only player worthy of any praise was Fox who we've no doubt lost due to injury. He is surely the epitome of what is expected as a professional footballer. After the arseholes he got from the fans he has dug in and proved everyone wrong with desire, passion and hard work.

Some on here if they are being honest with themselves need to eat some humble pie and laud the way he has turned it around.  I was critical of him in the past, but he is exactly the type of player we need now. He has set the bar for what we should expect from SWFC players at a minimum

Cheers Morgan!

19 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Theres a few in there who for me won't give a monkeys once their back at the mansions... 

Tom Lees 

Barry Bannan 

Adthe Nuhui

Jacob Murphy 

Theres three who it will hurt

Morgan Fox 

Julien Borner 

Sam Winnall 

The rest 50/50. 

Strange I'd say Lees, Bannan and Nuhiu are three of the players who care most

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You lost me here

You cannot polish a turd

And we have many turds

Monk has been trying to pick a turd up by the clean end. He's finally decided it's impossible. Good for him.

Get rid of the ones who won't fight and bring in ones who will. So far I think 2 are nailed on starters. Fox, maybe not the greatest ever player but this year he's proved he will give what he has got in every game. Dawson has been given a 4 years contract (was it 4 or 5?) that indicates Monk is happy with him.

Fletcher gives his all, is he going to get a new contract due to his age? If he was a couple of years younger he'd be in Monks plans but I'm not sure he will accept reduced wages and a one year deal.

I'd assume Iorfa will be in Monks plans, still raw but normally plays his best, seems to me he has the desire.

Borner, Has had a bit of a rocky patch but I don't doubt his willingness to fight for the club.

Atdhe tries, I just don't think he is talented enough. The desire seems to be there so maybe a squad player.

Reach, A worker but Monk has relegated him to sub, could be sold to raise money to rebuild the side

The rest are debatable. Although Odubajo and Rhodes seem certain to go as soon as we can shift them.

I've not paid any attention to contract length in the above

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A collective lack of digging in and mental toughness when they have to dig in during a game. No wonder we’ve had so many last minute collapses this season. 

Indvidually they all have qualities but as a unit they’re weak as wee wee and shy away from responsibility. 

Plus, they aren’t actually that good.

Surely the whole point of having a manager is getting individuals to play as a unit. If that isn't a managers responsibility then I don't know what is 

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

Strange I'd say Lees, Bannan and Nuhiu are three of the players who care most

Nuhui can't be arsed to even clap at the end of the game. Lees shows no passion, anger or urgency, Bannan thinks he is the best player and nothings his fault! Basically just shouts at others and takes no responsibility for his errors. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bigblueowl said:

Nuhui can't be arsed to even clap at the end of the game. Lees shows no passion, anger or urgency, Bannan thinks he is the best player and nothings his fault! Basically just shouts at others and takes no responsibility for his errors. 

So Lees doesn't show enough passion and Bannan shows too much. And that's an indication that neither of them care. Right.....

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

There seems to be a lot of sympathy for Monk, none of which were afforded to Jos or bullens temporary charge. 

Obv the way Bruce left is going to taint our fans views but he got the best out of the squad, had them organised and well drilled. 

Annoying thing is Monk has managed to get them playing with the passion and drive to succeed. All seems to have fallen apart in a very short timeframe. Now is the time where a good manager would get a grip and address what  was in their power to influence. 

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

So Lees doesn't show enough passion and Bannan shows too much. And that's an indication that neither of them care. Right.....

So Bannan gobbing at players is passion is it? Passion is putting your foot in, leading by example, trying to raise your teammates and it giving 100% effort 100% of the time.

You obviously don't know what passion is just like the majority of our players! 

• Like 1

I don't think it is a good idea to make these type of comments in public and puts Monk in a very tricky situation.

There were comments made about FF last month now this, things are definatley not right but they need sorting out behind closed doors.

I think part of the problem is that Monk has no sidekick, who can interface between the manager and the players and I am suprised Monk agreed to work under these conditions.

Another one of those baffling things that are happening at our club.

8 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

so I refer you back to my other post, who is he on about after last nights game? Because the bulk of that team he uses every game. 

Not exactly spoilt for choice though is he. So has to use the senior players as kids just are not up to it.

Tactics and formations dont make a difference if they don't run, tackle, follow a plan and dont try.

Read the full thread and I admit to being one of bannans biggest critics. The beauty about watching live football is that you don't have to follow the ball, you can see other things like. A, couple of seasons ago blatantly refusing to pass the ball to reach when he was in space, the same with fox and latterly I've noticed it with luango. Like a playground game where I only pass to you if you are in my gang. B, Chasing down the keeper is for the camera's and short sighted fans, gains nothing and leaves the team short in midfield. C, berating team mates and not joining the attack or tracking back. D, having to take every dead ball kick, easily defended and no variation in our offence. E, do any of you really believe that five managers have said to him 'you're my Beckenbauer, I want you to go to the centre halves and take the ball of their feet, play a few backpasses, do a pirouette and then float a pass to our CF who is marked by 3 seven footers.' Or do you think the managers instruct him to get forward where he does most damage. I think I know the answer and that is that he is undisciplined. 

This is I think where monk has got too. I believe that we put in better team performances without him. All the above is why we would be better off without him. 

The real football world knows this which is why no one has tried to sign the greatest player that Hillsborough has ever seen. 

Season after season of failure and some of you would rather get rid of monk. Ffs who in their right mind would come and manage a club known for the tail wagging the dog. Player power can't be allowed to win, just look down the road at Derby. 

Edited by peacock1961
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Great post and completely agree. We know the players are limited. We know they seem incapable of closing out a result. But not trying? I don't see it.

As a manager you have to take some responsibility for what happens on the pitch. If the players aren't doing what you are asking then to then why is that? If you cant motivate them why is that? 

I don't ever recall Bruce accusing the players of not trying and we were a right mess when he took over. If they played for Bruce but not Monk then why is this?

Are the players children. Have they ever heard of self motivation?

If you can't motivate yourself to do the best job you can, doing the thing you love that most people could only dream of doing and getting paid stupid money for doing it then there is something seriously deficient in that person's mentality.

These guys aren't spring chickens. Monk is only a few years older than some of them. They are not kids that need handling carefully at the beginning of their careers.

Maybe they should fork out for life coaches or motivational speakers out their own pockets if the poor fragile souls are struggling.

But it's football, you get a pass for performing badly and continual failure and none of then seem to have any backbone to pull themselves out if it.

Shift out the dross that can be bothered and bring in some young, hungry lads who can be moulded with a decent work ethic and build a proper culture within this club that encourages and expects the best of each player under contract.

manager who cant motivate, a manager who has to have his own players, Monk is a journeyman. He wlil find his own level but it isnt in this league. Nobody wants to play for him. They all know he is a 'here today, gone tomorrow manager' They have no faith in him and dont respect him. He needs to go and we need a root and branch job from someone who knows the lower divisions and can bring in some hungry, young players. Monk isnt that man. He has been rumbled.

3 minutes ago, swissmess said:

manager who cant motivate, a manager who has to have his own players, Monk is a journeyman. He wlil find his own level but it isnt in this league. Nobody wants to play for him. They all know he is a 'here today, gone tomorrow manager' They have no faith in him and dont respect him. He needs to go and we need a root and branch job from someone who knows the lower divisions and can bring in some hungry, young players. Monk isnt that man. He has been rumbled.

Just seen your username 

is that you Alman ?

Edited by hugeowl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1