Players need to go - Monk

To be fair, whatever anyone says about Monk, he's inherited a team and not had the opportunity to build one.

To be fair to him again he's only echoing the sentiment widely expressed on here over a long period.

Let's see what happens next but it's going to be a process not overnight.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Manager Defends players = Clown 

Manager nails players = Clown 

5 managers. 

Same players...

His tactics and substitutions are worthy of calling into question but regardless of any of that, the 45 minutes that those 14 players (although perhaps worth omitting Fox from the criticism tonight) 'produced' 2nd half was a disgrace.

Actions speak louder than words. He talks a good game but the fact is that we’ve pisséd away points against a shít team again. I appreciate there’s a lot of things wrong with the club that Monk can’t be rightfully blamed for, but both our performances and our results have been shocking and he has to take his share of the blame. 

He says there’s an issue with the players’ character. I’ll reserve full judgment on him until he’s had a chance to bring in players who he thinks have the correct mentality... but our form since beating Forest 4-0 makes it tough to argue that he deserves the time and opportunity to rebuild the squad in his image and that argument gets tougher each week. Even by our standards, we’re a mess right now

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Manager Defends players = Clown 

Manager nails players = Clown 

5 managers. 

Same players...

whilst I agree with the sentiment, the really worrying thing IMHO is that of tonight’s starting XI half (odubajo, Borner, Iorfa, Murphy, Harris) of the outfield players were brought to club in the summer ... it’s like the malaise affecting the club swamps newcomers too 

2 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Actions speak louder than words. He talks a good game but the fact is that we’ve pisséd away points against a shít team again. I appreciate there’s a lot of things wrong with the club that Monk can’t be rightfully blamed for, but both our performances and our results have been shocking and he has to take his share of the blame. 

He says there’s an issue with the players’ character. I’ll reserve full judgment on him until he’s had a chance to bring in players who he thinks have the correct mentality... but our form since beating Forest 4-0 makes it tough to argue that he deserves the time and opportunity to rebuild the squad in his image and that argument gets tougher each week. Even by our standards, we’re a mess right now

You lost me here

You cannot polish a turd

And we have many turds

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

i get why people are going to defend monk but you can’t just have the luxury of manager getting to clear out an entire squad

Then we're f*cked.

Because , and I don't care who the manager is, they'd all want (and need) to ship half this squad out. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just hope DC allows Monk to bring in players and also players Monk wants. Not those flippingadvisors deciding who we bring in. 

That might be at the heart of his outburst.

He has two days to bring in players that can make a difference.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You lost me here

You cannot polish a turd

And we have many turds

Plus we don’t know what is going on with players like Forestieri and Westwood influencing things also other players who put on the act for the supporters but are poison for the squad 

There are definitely things affecting this squad that we don’t know about