Jordan Rhodes TIME TO GO END OF !!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Never suggested we were so why did you say it? 

Well you said only we could be negative after last night, which to me would suggest that you thought it a great performance. 

I was saying I didn't think it was a great performance - I reiterate, I thought it a functional, bloomin' fun performance - so therefore I think some analysis of shortcomings is pretty fair game. 

9 hours ago, DAMMOowl said:

A good win for our lads tonight despite playing with 10 men, RHODES what an absolute waste of our beloved shirt. Last night was the last straw for me i would give him 0/10 score, never won a header, weak in the tackle, shocking ball control, brushed off the ball easily, never held the ball up once and never once found space for a chance. I have always said give him a chance but sorry IT'S TIME TO OFFLOAD ASAP.

That’s been every fuching game I’ve seen him play for us. I was say it’s almost like playing with 10 men. 

13 hours ago, DAMMOowl said:

A good win for our lads tonight despite playing with 10 men, RHODES what an absolute waste of our beloved shirt. Last night was the last straw for me i would give him 0/10 score, never won a header, weak in the tackle, shocking ball control, brushed off the ball easily, never held the ball up once and never once found space for a chance. I have always said give him a chance but sorry IT'S TIME TO OFFLOAD ASAP.

If any managers out there are reading this he's definitely worth a punt garymegson

13 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

He didn't cost us our entire annual income in fees and wages and mean we had to sell our stadium to avoid FFP

Ridiculous signing tbf... When we signed Winnall who was banging them in and on form for next to nothing, in reality I was pretty happy with that as a god solid signing for what we needed. It was insane to then blow all that money on Rhodes a few weeks later. Crackers.

12 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Ridiculous signing tbf... When we signed Winnall who was banging them in and on form for next to nothing, in reality I was pretty happy with that as a god solid signing for what we needed. It was insane to then blow all that money on Rhodes a few weeks later. Crackers.

If it teaches some of the fanbase a lesson in economics then it will almost be worth it in the long term.  Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case. 

5 hours ago, Anlaby Owl said:

If it teaches some of the fanbase a lesson in economics then it will almost be worth it in the long term.  Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case. 

The fanbase don’t sign off on the cheque’s. 
 Due diligence is the owners responsibility. 

but yeah you blame the fans. 

21 hours ago, Spookone said:

What an enigma, took those 3 goals like a top class striker - it has to be all in the head.

It is time to move on. 

I genuinely think the guy has no interest in the game anymore. He's been around a long time now, he seems to be purely in it for the pay cheque and probably is scared silly over what he'll do next. 

8 minutes ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

I genuinely think the guy has no interest in the game anymore. He's been around a long time now, he seems to be purely in it for the pay cheque and probably is scared silly over what he'll do next. 

He doesn’t strike me as someone just doing it for the cash (hello Fernando) but I agree that something is going on mentally there. In a way it’s sad to watch. He looks to me like someone that knows what to do, but just can’t make the connection between brain and body any more. The first goal in the Forest game was pure instinct-no thought involved, just whip a shot in. After that you could see confidence in everything he did. Sadly, you can’t guarantee him a free goal every game to get himself going 

Guest wilyfox

It's not a great offer, but a sizeable chunk towards Wickham's wage for the duration. I'd hope Wickham's contribution would better Rhodes' pathetic offering here for the remainder of season. 

3 hours ago, Waddling Owl said:

He doesn’t strike me as someone just doing it for the cash (hello Fernando) but I agree that something is going on mentally there. In a way it’s sad to watch. He looks to me like someone that knows what to do, but just can’t make the connection between brain and body any more. The first goal in the Forest game was pure instinct-no thought involved, just whip a shot in. After that you could see confidence in everything he did. Sadly, you can’t guarantee him a free goal every game to get himself going 

He is still making the runs and getting into positions but his overall game is awful. Two lovely poacher runs for Murphys crosses. 1st half he should have buried that header, brilliant movement though. 2nd half nice run but the cross was too far in front of him, he couldn't run any earlier as he would have been offside.

Its his contribution to the team that is lacking, for quite a big lad hes weak in possession and gets knocked off easily. 1st touch(when its not a shot) is shocking and his speed of thought and passing isn't much cop either. If he's not scoring then he doesn't/can't contribute. That said, if he joins a team who put decent crosses in and get bodies in and around him he will score goals.