Jordan Rhodes TIME TO GO END OF !!!!!!!

I really do wonder if the club has tried to address the problem (whatever it is???).  The thing for me is that during preseason he looked powerful, pacey and a real threat.  Later on and we have the forrest game.. Something worked/clicked for him so obviousely he CAN still do it.  If its psychological, have we employed a psychologist?  If he is just unhappy or doesn't fit in, have the other players been instructed to make an effort to integrate him.

Is it just laziness? If so does he need his arse kicking (leaving him out obviousely doesn't work). Is he just a coward?  Strange question i know but these players do exist (it is well publicised by opp players that if you clattered chris woods, he tended not to go near them). 

Im not normally one to slag the club at every opportunity but in this instance I do wonder if everything has been done in an attempt to address the problem. 

Assuming it has there is only one solution left. 

12 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Pretty sure 99% of owlstalk were clamouring to sign him a few years ago. 

What’s that got to do with anything, on paper seemed a good signing, such as le fondre, Sam baldock ect.... On paper all decent goal scorers or at the time were. Rhodes is utter gash and adds nothing to our team. 

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Since Rhodes-Fletcher stuffed Forest 4-0 they’ve played 30 minutes together.

I'm in a minority looking forward to the partnership being given a few games when Fletcher gets back.

I'm actually with you on that. Well, in a very cautiously hopeful kind of way. Perhaps the last chance for us to get any sort of mileage out of Rhodes.

Was what we saw of them together at Forest just one of those days where everything went right for them and nothing more? Maybe. Of course, maybe. But maybe also there was something in it as a possible partnership.

Of course, the team itself has suffered with Fletcher's injury, but on an individual level, perhaps none more so than Rhodes - and that despite the fact you'd think it would otherwise be to his advantage as there'd be less competition for places.

3 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Why would any Club take a highly waged, underperforming player - unless the host Club covered his wages?

Can someone explain this to me?

We did it, we even paid a record fee for the privilege! :ghoulguy: 

In what respect?

Presumably the match you were at wasn’t the one where we had the bigger possession stats and were leading when Rhodes was substituted? All with supposedly 10 men?

So what’s  your solution - are you going to pay the rest of his wages for the remainder of his contract.

Simple question - how do you suggest he’s moved on?

This thread doesn’t achieve anything really does it?

Other than undermine what bit of confidence and usefulness he does have.

I'm not seeing any confidence or ability to do anything different to turn his form around most games he is involved in and if reading threads like this undermine his 'confidence' then he is never going to turn his form around. 

I thought he did OK last night. He wasn’t stand out bad.

Our possession stats, shots on goal and positive play looks even better, if it was achieved with only 10 men.

He performed a role last night - hence we were leading when he was substituted.

Furthermore - how exactly do you “get rid”? Pay up his contract presumably?

It’s not that easy. You literally  can’t give expensive waged players away.

Was his role to give the rest of the players more experience of playing with only 10 men on the pitch?

33 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Since Rhodes-Fletcher stuffed Forest 4-0 they’ve played 30 minutes together.

Im in a minority looking forward to the partnership being given a few games when Fletcher gets back.

A record signing that has shown in one game that he was able to perform when picked alongside a specific striker. Said specific striker gets injured and Rhodes offers next to nothing but lets hope he might be able to look promising when Fletcher returns with a few weeks of the season left!

Bit much that, based on 45 minutes in one game, especially when Fletcher and Rhodes have been together at the club for 3 years and no manager has gone with this regularly.  

3 hours ago, deano said:

This has been done to death, he is a finisher and that's about it. Very limited ability wise. 

In games where the ball is dropping for him in the box he will come alive but for me, you can't carry a player in anticipation of this happening if they don't contribute anything else. 

Nothing against him but not what we need, same really re Winnall, but at least he seems to put himself about a bit more, and a little more dynamic. 

THIRD division player.