Jordan Rhodes TIME TO GO END OF !!!!!!!

Loan is the best option otherwise we have to pay Boro the rest of the fee don’t we? 

if he went to Wigan and did ok and we moved him on in the summer it would help us more in terms of accounting. He’s been one of the most frustrating buys ever. There’s a player there but the aggression and hunger seems to have waned.

It basically amounts to 20-25k a week. Assuming he’s on 35k a week that leaves us picking up 10-15k a week, think we’d be relying on Palace accepting similar for Wickham to maintain our balance sheet

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

No loan fee though? I guess beggars can’t be chooses like. 

No loan fee if he stays too!

Still, we seem to be playing brinkmanship with Palace over Wickham, so it's likely we're doing the same with Wigan over Rhodes; threatened by relegation as they are, we can probably expect a better offer from them if it's not working out for them with their other targets.

Guest wilyfox

You can argue the throw over whether it's a big enough chunk of Rhodes' cost, but it would pay the 25k/week for 4 months that Palace want for Wickham making it effectively a straight loan-swap. Rhodes or Wickham...I know which I'd rather have the next 4 months. 

On 25/01/2020 at 09:35, deano said:

This has been done to death, he is a finisher and that's about it. Very limited ability wise. 

In games where the ball is dropping for him in the box he will come alive but for me, you can't carry a player in anticipation of this happening if they don't contribute anything else. 

Nothing against him but not what we need, same really re Winnall, but at least he seems to put himself about a bit more, and a little more dynamic. 

The problem is, when crosses were coming in he didn’t take up the right positions and seemed to hide. I may be a confidence thing but we need players who are aggressive and make things happen.

I actually thought he did try and track back etc early on and did ok (given it’s not his game) but he was slow to close down defenders and this only got worse as the game progressed.

HALLELUJAH !!!!!!!!!!!!! Rhodes has been told he can leave, my post has worked again Mr Chansiri has listened to me like he did with the sacking of Jos. I will now rest my posts untill i feel the need for change again BYE FOR NOW MY FELLOW POSTER'S.Including Reading Owl whom i seem to have upset :ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, DAMMOowl said:

HALLELUJAH !!!!!!!!!!!!! Rhodes has been told he can leave, my post has worked again Mr Chansiri has listened to me like he did with the sacking of Jos. I will now rest my posts untill i feel the need for change again BYE FOR NOW MY FELLOW POSTER'S.Including Reading Owl whom i seem to have upset :ghoulguy:

Aye, you have yourself a good rest, son.

17 hours ago, Ash76 said:

It basically amounts to 20-25k a week. Assuming he’s on 35k a week that leaves us picking up 10-15k a week, think we’d be relying on Palace accepting similar for Wickham to maintain our balance sheet

I'm not sure it's that much. I recall DC saying at one of the fan forums that no one was earning more than £30k pw. Dont think he'd be far off that though

Edited by striker

9 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

It'll pay half his wages...

I don't know when a loan contract ends. Is it up to and including the final week of the season, or does it stretch to the 1st of June? I'll assume the former and that the deal will go through on deadline day, in which case we're talking about 13 weeks so for 500k, that's about 38.5k per week - and you reckon he's on about 77k per week?!

To be honest, I doubt he'll be on even as much as 38.5k per week, so twice that much doesn't seem even remotely believable.

1 hour ago, cowl said:

I don't know when a loan contract ends. Is it up to and including the final week of the season, or does it stretch to the 1st of June? I'll assume the former and that the deal will go through on deadline day, in which case we're talking about 13 weeks so for 500k, that's about 38.5k per week - and you reckon he's on about 77k per week?!

To be honest, I doubt he'll be on even as much as 38.5k per week, so twice that much doesn't seem even remotely believable.

Yep my mistake , lets snap their hand off in this case!

• Haha 1

Still be a shame if he goes imo. I know that's not a popular view, but there it is.

Seemed he might find his groove in his last couple of games up front with Fletch, but not he's injured, there's no other player at the club like Fletch for him to play off. With Fletch not going to be back till mid-late March, I think that puts an end to Rhodes' time with us.