Jordan Rhodes TIME TO GO END OF !!!!!!!

A good win for our lads tonight despite playing with 10 men, RHODES what an absolute waste of our beloved shirt. Last night was the last straw for me i would give him 0/10 score, never won a header, weak in the tackle, shocking ball control, brushed off the ball easily, never held the ball up once and never once found space for a chance. I have always said give him a chance but sorry IT'S TIME TO OFFLOAD ASAP.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DAMMOowl said:

A good win for our lads tonight despite playing with 10 men, RHODES what an absolute waste of our beloved shirt. Last night was the last straw for me i would give him 0/10 score, never won a header, weak in the tackle, shocking ball control, brushed off the ball easily, never held the ball up once and never once found space for a chance. I have always said give him a chance but sorry IT'S TIME TO OFFLOAD ASAP.

Generous!

• Haha 1

I must agree on last night. 

I'm sure the 'give him service' argument will emerge, and last night there perhaps was not incredible service, but Atdhe had made himself felt more in his first 5 minutes than Rhodes in 75.

Edited by cbirks

I was at the game and didn't realise until 20 minutes in he was even playing. He offered absolutely nothing all game. I really wanted him to come good but it's clear it's not going to happen. For involved, I hope he can find a new club soon...

This has been done to death, he is a finisher and that's about it. Very limited ability wise. 

In games where the ball is dropping for him in the box he will come alive but for me, you can't carry a player in anticipation of this happening if they don't contribute anything else. 

Nothing against him but not what we need, same really re Winnall, but at least he seems to put himself about a bit more, and a little more dynamic. 

Edited by deano
  • Thanks 1

I'd agree, his race is run (albeit very slowly these days!!), big problem is his wages, supposedly around 40k a week!!!, no one will touch that, beyond that DC seems to think he can get his money back, and keeps asking a bonkers price for a completely busted flush. Hopefully Wigan sell Robinson to Milan and use some of that cash to take him, otherwise we'll be stuck for another year!!!

Not seen any mention of Van Aken either, still got another year on his contract, can't see him having a future here, so just get him sold for whatever you can get, cut losses and bring a bit back into budget. Then sign Wickham asap!!!!

11 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I think Garry knows this....but you need someone to want him, that was an opportunity to be in the shop window and he didn't take it

Does he really want to leave - he’s probably ha e to take a wage cut.

Saw at Forest the ability is there, but I don’t see any appetite in him.

Call  me cynical but I don’t think he cares anymore. SWFC have set him financially up for life, the phrase “stealing a wage” comes to mind.

I thought he did OK last night. He wasn’t stand out bad.

Our possession stats, shots on goal and positive play looks even better, if it was achieved with only 10 men.

He performed a role last night - hence we were leading when he was substituted.

Furthermore - how exactly do you “get rid”? Pay up his contract presumably?

It’s not that easy. You literally  can’t give expensive waged players away.

• Like 1