Jordan Rhodes TIME TO GO END OF !!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, DAMMOowl said:

Am sorry Reading Owl but you must have been to a different match to me clearly :bullen:

In what respect?

Presumably the match you were at wasn’t the one where we had the bigger possession stats and were leading when Rhodes was substituted? All with supposedly 10 men?

So what’s  your solution - are you going to pay the rest of his wages for the remainder of his contract.

Simple question - how do you suggest he’s moved on?

This thread doesn’t achieve anything really does it?

Other than undermine what bit of confidence and usefulness he does have.

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Like 1

Winnall was Equally ineffective but ended up getting his goal so fair does.

i wanted Nuhiu on earlier to be honest - we looked much stronger up top as soon as he came on. 

1 minute ago, Owly Mowly said:

I watch him and think “No way is he a footballer” - he offers absolutely nothing at all. 
Surely anyone (like Borukov) must be a better option for us - I can’t imagine that anyone could offer less than Rhodes does 

Borukov can't be pulling any trees up though or he would be figuring in the squad on a regular basis.

Just now, Justbeanz said:

Borukov can't be pulling any trees up though or he would be figuring in the squad on a regular basis.

Pulling twigs would be a level up from Rhodes right now. 
Every time Rhodes plays I have that hope that something might spark again - it just doesn’t look possible 

22 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I thought he did OK last night. He wasn’t stand out bad.

Our possession stats, shots on goal and positive play looks even better, if it was achieved with only 10 men.

He performed a role last night - hence we were leading when he was substituted.

Furthermore - how exactly do you “get rid”? Pay up his contract presumably?

It’s not that easy. You literally  can’t give expensive waged players away.

Talking sense to fruitloops doesn't work. 

They think there's a clause in contract to 'get rid' based on owlstalk threads. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Owly Mowly said:

Pulling twigs would be a level up from Rhodes right now. 
Every time Rhodes plays I have that hope that something might spark again - it just doesn’t look possible 

I've been the same since he arrived. I have been one of the "he gets no service" brigade but now unfortunately its just not happening.

• Thanks 1

Well everybody knows my feelings on this signing. The stupidity of the deal, has in my opinion, cost us, not only millions, but has probably cost us promotion. Having reached the play offs twice, Carlos then gets Rhodes foisted upon him, and the rest is history. Had that money been used more wisely, we might have been where the piggies are now

Edited by gurujuan

8 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

I watch him and think “No way is he a footballer” - he offers absolutely nothing at all. 
Surely anyone (like Borukov) must be a better option for us - I can’t imagine that anyone could offer less than Rhodes does 

Nuhiu

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

I'd agree, his race is run (albeit very slowly these days!!), big problem is his wages, supposedly around 40k a week!!!, no one will touch that, beyond that DC seems to think he can get his money back, and keeps asking a bonkers price for a completely busted flush. Hopefully Wigan sell Robinson to Milan and use some of that cash to take him, otherwise we'll be stuck for another year!!!

Not seen any mention of Van Aken either, still got another year on his contract, can't see him having a future here, so just get him sold for whatever you can get, cut losses and bring a bit back into budget. Then sign Wickham asap!!!!

He’s out of contract in June.