Jordan Rhodes TIME TO GO END OF !!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Maybe a suggestion for the “how to make half time more interesting” thread?

WOW just Wow you've found the answer.

OT posters cage fighters be brilliant settling our differences in the old age way kicking the poo out of each other. 

Good job I'm so well liked and respected on here. :biggrin:

You can be the Barry Hearn's of OT

19 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Van Aken is doing well at Onsabruck by all accounts.  Been in the starting 11 94% of games, they're 6th in the league with the 2nd lowest amount of goals conceded.  Who knows what will happen to him (stay or go), but he's certainly putting himself in the shop window more than Rhodes did last night...

To be fair, it was more a question of any rumours of selling, rather than how's he doing. Out of contract in 18 months time, so personally cant see a way back for an Owls career, so surely best to sell as soon as???

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

WOW just Wow you've found the answer.

OT posters cage fighters be brilliant settling our differences in the old age way kicking the poo out of each other. 

Good job I'm so well liked and respected on here. :biggrin:

You can be the Barry Hearn's of OT

As long as Snoots does an OFDT (official fight day thread) for it, I’m in.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Sorry can't agree that Rhodes contributes more than Nuhiu. Rhodes did nothing but be on the pitch last night.

Nuhiu comes on holds the ball up, releives pressure and brings other players into the game.

That second goal was a goal of beauty, Nuhiu dropped deep received the ball to his feet played a lovely crossfieid ball in front of Reach who didn't have to change is stride. This gives Reach the time to pick out Winnall with a magnificent ball before he gets closed down.

Too many of our fans look at what Nuhiu can't do rather than focusing on what he is good at.

Rhodes is a finisher, he needs service. How many crosses were made for him?  Hes not an aggressive forward sadly which is why we miss fletcher so much.

You can fawn over one pass, it was great but the left side was completely wide open. He has 50p shoes and a 50p head.  One in 7 pass/header goes where it should and his gameplan is trying to win free kicks with his Clinton-esque waving any time hes lost the ball.

Very harsh thread. Amazing people don’t see what he brings to the team. Good job fans aren’t in charge of the team.

Yes, Rhodes didn’t score, pass, tackle, run, cross, take any set pieces, block, chase, shoot, head or hold the ball up but that is ignoring the other important job he was doing of distracting the qpr defence by wandering around near them in a green shirt.

• Haha 5

A quick Google shows the Sheffield Star reporting his contract ends in 2021, but transfermarket.com, the Daily Mail and the local Norwich newspaper all saying 2020.

We can only pray the Star’s got it wrong. Have to say I agree with those who say he barely offers anything. For me, he’s been almost entirely ineffective for the last 2.5 years. I’d pick Nuhiu and Winnall ahead of him every single time. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Very harsh thread. Amazing people don’t see what he brings to the team. Good job fans aren’t in charge of the team.

Yes, Rhodes didn’t score, pass, tackle, run, cross, take any set pieces, block, chase, shoot, head or hold the ball up but that is ignoring the other important job he was doing of distracting the qpr defence by wandering around near them in a green shirt.

Harsh. He also clapped a bit

29 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

The guy just becomes anonymous. Plenty of balls in the box now too. 

when does his contract actually finish some people say June 2021 but online seen a couple of places state June 2020

Reminds me of my playing days when I was scared to get hurt as I was a lot skinnier than the bigger boys so I’d cleverly mark the empty spaces where the play isn’t happening. 

Hopefully someone will take him on next week and we can bring in a more impactful player 

33 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

382206975_RonnieBarkerOpenAllHours(1981)2.2.jpg.1534aad93f94aea3e191d559bb5346ae.jpg

• Haha 1