Jordan Rhodes TIME TO GO END OF !!!!!!!

Got to the point with rhodes where I think nobody will come in and take him because if his wages 

it’s ok saying we will pay 50-60-70% of those wages just to get him off our books but this only counts for this and next season 

I think we might be better off negotiating the compensation pay off and cut our losses he might take 50% of his remaining contracted wages to be a free agent and look for another club 

it’s a shame because never have I wanted a player to be successful as much as him with us but I’m resigned to think it’s just never going to happen 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A record signing that has shown in one game that he was able to perform when picked alongside a specific striker. Said specific striker gets injured and Rhodes offers next to nothing but lets hope he might be able to look promising when Fletcher returns with a few weeks of the season left!

Bit much that, based on 45 minutes in one game, especially when Fletcher and Rhodes have been together at the club for 3 years and no manager has gone with this regularly.  

They've only started 3 games together in all that time though. It's strange why they've not started more together because practically every other combo of strikers got more time together, and it's not as though they'd obviously be entirely unsuited to playing together, even if it's far from being an obvious match too.

Still, just those 3 games yielded 3 for Rhodes and 4 for Fletcher.

Like I said above, it's the last hope that perhaps even the most hopeful of us can defensibly have for Rhodes. And a hope that's all too aware that it'll most likely be forlorn.

Guest Ferkorf
4 hours ago, DAMMOowl said:

sorry IT'S TIME TO OFFLOAD ASAP.

Yep it was time to offload him 18 months ago but Nobody wants him....

3 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Only our fans could come up with negatives after last night. 

Ooh, come on now, we weren't dynamite.

We won the game that was in front of us (and everyone had a bloomin' good time), which is very important (as is everyone having a good time), but we're hardly in a position of 'cracked it, wait for two trips to Wembley', are we? 

5 hours ago, DAMMOowl said:

A good win for our lads tonight despite playing with 10 men, RHODES what an absolute waste of our beloved shirt. Last night was the last straw for me i would give him 0/10 score, never won a header, weak in the tackle, shocking ball control, brushed off the ball easily, never held the ball up once and never once found space for a chance. I have always said give him a chance but sorry IT'S TIME TO OFFLOAD ASAP.

Been saying this for ages and ages.  

The commentator on BT last night said Monk has been trying to offload him on loan.

But who'd want him to be honest.

2 hours ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I really do wonder if the club has tried to address the problem (whatever it is???).  The thing for me is that during preseason he looked powerful, pacey and a real threat.  Later on and we have the forrest game.. Something worked/clicked for him so obviousely he CAN still do it.  If its psychological, have we employed a psychologist?  If he is just unhappy or doesn't fit in, have the other players been instructed to make an effort to integrate him.

Is it just laziness? If so does he need his arse kicking (leaving him out obviousely doesn't work). Is he just a coward?  Strange question i know but these players do exist (it is well publicised by opp players that if you clattered chris woods, he tended not to go near them). 

Im not normally one to slag the club at every opportunity but in this instance I do wonder if everything has been done in an attempt to address the problem. 

Assuming it has there is only one solution left. 

Well he bottled that penalty in one of our most important matches for years!

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Explain the situation, agree a financial package with him which still helps us....he will still want a contract somewhere else when his contact with us expires, so can't afford not to play for the next 18 Months

As I’ve said, he’s no appetite. Staying here for another 18 months would see him earn around. another 1 million pounds before tax...

A million quid for running around and sticking his thumb up for another pass he didn’t get on the end off.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

He did the same playing for Huddersfield against the pigs in a play off final to be fair. 

Did he really,I never knew that, so he is a coward, a striker not taking a penalty, says it all really.

For whatever reason...It hasn't worked..Not his fault, and despite the seemingly offloading of responsibility regarding "The fans buying him"..Not ours.

If delphjon wanted to give the fans 10 mill to spend , I reckon the majority would have wanted a better pricing structure.

it was a 10 million £ gamble that hasn't paid off.

He's never quite looked the part...One post says he looked "pacy and powerful"..never noticed that...In fact to me, he has looked laboured and at times lethargic

Dunno if its the price tag, trying too hard or whatever, he's never looked like the scorer he was with huddersfield while he has been at Hillsborough

The fans have backed him, while they got on others backs for doing far more work than Jordan Rhodes does...Simply because we ALL wanted it to work...It hasn't really in all honesty...Has it?

1 hour ago, cowl said:

They've only started 3 games together in all that time though. It's strange why they've not started more together because practically every other combo of strikers got more time together, and it's not as though they'd obviously be entirely unsuited to playing together, even if it's far from being an obvious match too.

Still, just those 3 games yielded 3 for Rhodes and 4 for Fletcher.

Like I said above, it's the last hope that perhaps even the most hopeful of us can defensibly have for Rhodes. And a hope that's all too aware that it'll most likely be forlorn.

Have they really only started 3 games together in 3 years?

As you say, very strange given we have hardly found a consistently prolific solution in that time up top and it isn't as if it is only one manager that has chosen not to try it.

If he is still around when Fletcher is fit again it might be worth a go but it is an expensive record signing when not offering very much without Fletcher, we need someone else in now and I'd much rather have him off the wage bill this month but I can't see it happening. 

25 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

He did the same playing for Huddersfield against the pigs in a play off final to be fair. 

Just had a look at that, bit strange that having chosen not to take one of the first 5 penalties he then stepped up and took the first sudden death one.

5 hours ago, DAMMOowl said:

A good win for our lads tonight despite playing with 10 men, RHODES what an absolute waste of our beloved shirt. Last night was the last straw for me i would give him 0/10 score, never won a header, weak in the tackle, shocking ball control, brushed off the ball easily, never held the ball up once and never once found space for a chance. I have always said give him a chance but sorry IT'S TIME TO OFFLOAD ASAP.

and who is going to take him? 40k a week wages for someone who lost it 5 years ago, result = no takers. I said during the xmas games Rhodes and nuhiu at stoke, and home games Cardiff,hull playing 442 it looked like we played with 9 men , yet monk got savaged for not keeping Rhodes and nuhiu in a 442 at home to blackburn . lets hope we can get a couple of strikers in as im not confident that fletcher will be in any rush to come back . its that desperate for gary monk that he gave borukov (u23 striker) a place on the bench who has been struggling with u23s lately and has been mainly used as a sub ,for a young stiker to have only scored 2 goals all season for u23s and been benched lately I can only think it was a birthday surprise or some kind of confidence booster why he was on our bench. 

1 hour ago, cbirks said:

We won the game that was in front of us (and everyone had a bloomin' good time), which is very important (as is everyone having a good time), but we're hardly in a position of 'cracked it, wait for two trips to Wembley', are we? 

Never suggested we were so why did you say it? 

1 hour ago, cbirks said:

no were after 3 Wembley visits ,semi ,final of fa cup and playoff final . the fa cup semi is only 2 games away , just need a very luck draw , get Barnsley/Portsmouth at home in next round , and another home game in quarters against a championship team and we are there. unlikely but not impossible

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Have they really only started 3 games together in 3 years?

As you say, very strange given we have hardly found a consistently prolific solution in that time up top and it isn't as if it is only one manager that has chosen not to try it.

If he is still around when Fletcher is fit again it might be worth a go but it is an expensive record signing when not offering very much without Fletcher, we need someone else in now and I'd much rather have him off the wage bill this month but I can't see it happening. 

If we have the option to move Rhodes out this next week, and assuming we'll be able to get enough of his wages covered (otherwise it's hardly beneficial to us), then I'll be delighted; hope is one thing, but it's never much of a plan, and I'd much rather we bring in a different sort of striker altogether and go with that.