Carlos on TalkSport

7 hours ago, dorian gray said:

bullshitting conman, who STILL has some fooled.

as I posted the other day, what part of 2 play off disasters is worth the clubs best chance for (20+) years?

have some wednesday fans 'expectations' dropped so low as to look at play off failure as an honour?

there was a time not long ago on here when the pigs continued play off failings were a huge laughing matter, and remember just before he went to his 'boyhood dream club' the biggest body of people in sheffield wanting him to stay were pig fans.

Your expectations appear to have dropped so low that you don't expect the club to be able to turn around the 'mess' he left 3 years on since he departed.

You say he should have got us promoted but at the same time the players he left us with is why we are in a state, that is a bit contradictory at least. 

He never really talks about us though does he? Abit like a jilted ex.

It’s never ‘I wish the chairman well’ or I think they’ll do well this season’

All he ever says about us is he loves the club because he took us to two play offs and a final. As if he’s saying ‘Look at how good as I was for them, and they forced me out in the end!’ 

Obviously it went wrong, don’t think anybody on here knows the reality of what happened. Could have simply lost the changing room, who knows. He had to go. 

That said until I read these replies, it has made me realise one thing. When he was here it was the first time, since Big Ron and Tricky Trev, I had left games thinking wow we were awesome today. Good luck CC.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dorian gray said:

IF he'd had the 'budget' of stuart gray, I think you'd have seen a different picture.

I bitterly regret dc not giving gray the money for a forward line, instead of the expensive rebuild that went on.

Ah yes, Stuart Gray, the fabled manager that hasn't had a managerial position of note since. Amazing how his reputation grew on the basis of a mid table finish where we failed to score a home goal from open play for about half a season.

Stuart Gray seems like a good bloke and a good coach but if he was a good manager and believed in himself as a good manager, he would have put that to the test by now. 

6 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Obviously it went wrong, don’t think anybody on here knows the reality of what happened. Could have simply lost the changing room, who knows. He had to go. 

That said until I read these replies, it has made me realise one thing. When he was here it was the first time, since Big Ron and Tricky Trev, I had left games thinking wow we were awesome today. Good luck CC.

Yep, for once we watched the game.  Back to talking to my mates now during the game.   

45 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I hope it's as easy as you say.

the bounce back bit I mean.

well the bounce back is never easy ,but losing the high earners makes it a bit easier , there are plenty of examples of clubs what are struggling at league 1 and league 2 who are far bigger than some of the mickey mouse clubs in premier league , sunderland,portsmouth ,Bolton Coventry . prime examples of clubs run poorly who slip into the abyss. 

15 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

It makes you wonder about the attitude within the club. We seem to accept second best in many ways from the first team to the academy. A trip to Wembley by some posters is seen as a great achievement.

It’s probably seen as an achievement because we never get to Wembley just because we lost can’t we still see it as a damn sight better than we have put up with for 2 decades barring the odd season  ?

Don't have any bad feelings towards the bloke, he was a bit of a character

But i'll never ever understand his tactical reasons for the away leg at Huddersfield when they had a 17 year old goalkeeper playing. Perfect opportunity to go at them, yet ended up putting in a very anti play off performance. A complete myth, just like zero shot month that produced 5 goals

19 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

He never really talks about us though does he? Abit like a jilted ex.

It’s never ‘I wish the chairman well’ or I think they’ll do well this season’

All he ever says about us is he loves the club because he took us to two play offs and a final. As if he’s saying ‘Look at how good as I was for them, and they forced me out in the end!’ 

Me me me me.

No mention of his beloved Swansea City.

6 hours ago, the monk said:

Nice bloke ,  but dont think he is actually a football manager 

"Best football since the prem days "

well slap my thighs who would have thought it ?

Give him Bessie , Proudlock ,Barrie-murphy etc and see what hes got in his coaching locker 

Always remember when Warnock rocked up with bottom of the league Rotherham and took him to school, as did Nigel Clough !!

Not sure of the true relevance of one-off results in what was a successful league campaign. Pep's City got 98 points last season but lost at home to Roy Hodgson's Palace. 

Least we learn't how to play against Burton Albion after Carlos left though. :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Minton said:

I'll raise you a Terry Yorath and 2 Danny Wilsons. 

Chris Turner could spot a decent player or two but getting them to play as a cohesive team was sadly beyond him.

2 hours ago, the monk said:

Agree , I always remember when once we were on sky one of the punters           ( maybe Andrews or Rowett) said Wednesday seem to get results but you feel it's usually from a players brilliance rather than the managers tactics.

And that's how I see it ,with a proper manager that team could have gone up automatic rather than us all doing cartwheels because we finished 6th, beat 9 men at Hillsborough and getting out managed at Wembley 

That first season nobody was tipping us to have a squad good enough and balanced enough for promotion, least of all us fans. Indeed new signings like Hooper were being slagged off as a fat waster during his first 2 or 3 months at Hillsborough by many on here. If you think we should have had enough for top 2 that season you are deluded. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That first season nobody was tipping us to have a squad good enough and balanced enough for promotion, least of all us fans. Indeed new signings like Hooper were being slagged off as a fat waster during his first 2 or 3 months at Hillsborough by many on here. If you think we should have had enough for top 2 that season you are deluded. 

Did united have enough for automatic?

Did Cardiff ? 

Edited by the monk

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ahh yes,the infamous "send Hooper back" post/thread  !!

There are more managers in our history deserving of our adoration

There are more managers in our history deserving of our vitriol 

That being said, in our recent history of the last 25 years, I can see why he has such a split opinion - those who see the most charismatic manager we have had during the last 25 years who, in 1 season at least, gave us entertainment and those who recognise that he had more opportunity to deliver so much more, especially in season 2.

Out of all the managers i have known since i supported the owls, which was only the mid nineties, he is up there with my personal favourite because of the others!

Yorath, Irvine, Pleat, Jos, wilson, Jones, (always disliked him) are far further down the ladder, laws, stock, Atkinson, further up.

Edited by Chris Apolon

35 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It’s probably seen as an achievement because we never get to Wembley just because we lost can’t we still see it as a damn sight better than we have put up with for 2 decades barring the odd season  ?

That's the trouble with Wednesday fans. Why have silk when you can have a scruffy old rag. Is it not too much to ask for better for once?

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I see your carlos and raise you 2 david Pleats and a peter eustace.............

Can see what you are saying but how much did Eustace blow? Think he got in Wilf Rostrun ! And I dare say Pleat may have been in credit ( still shybo though) 

8 hours ago, Beholder said:

To be fair to the fella he was on with Jim White who was doing his best to avoid any mention of SWFC 

He gave a good interview. He comes across well. A good talker as we all know. 

But I wouldn't have him back.

Jim White makes me want to staple my nads into my ear sockets. Absolute trump sniffer.