Carlos on TalkSport

6 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

he was the wrong man from the start, money now spent and club in right state, and still you champion the failure.

Would you be saying he was the wrong man if we had beaten Hull?

He was given money to spend and he spent it - Look at DC if you have an issue with that.

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

I don’t get the hate for Carlos. Yeah, it went wrong in the end like it does for most managers but his first season was fantastic. I like the guy 

His second season was miles better than the first, results wise.

That fact seems to have been erased from history after the unfortunate result against Huddersfield though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

Shame it went the way it did with Carlos because the Wembley season has been my best supporting Wednesday.

How long have you been watching us? 

The seasons in the early 90s were better but I even preferred the 2005 and 2012 seasons because they ended on a high instead of that flat feeling after the Hull game

Another myth...

"Carlos spent all our money"

Let's be fair here, Chansiri and his "advisor" are as much to blame about the flawed transfer policy and spending- when Carlos arrived he had the benefit of the "transfer committee" behind the scenes. It's no coincidence that during that season there were installed (albeit for a short time) we made some shrewd signings without breaking the bank. It was only after they left we we started chucking money away. 

4 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Another myth...

Let's be fair here, Chansiri and his "advisor" are as much to blame about the flawed transfer policy and spending- when Carlos arrived he had the benefit of the "transfer committee" behind the scenes. It's no coincidence that during that season there were installed (albeit for a short time) we made some shrewd signings without breaking the bank. It was only after they left we we started chucking money away. 

This for me. Has Carlos ever said how much input he had on the signings? 

Who actually made the recommendation and gave the green light to signing Rhodes, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, van Aken, Urby etc?

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Another myth...

Chansiri spent huge in the second season on Reach, Rhodes, Jones, Abdi/Pudil double-deal, and Fletcher on a bumper contract. Don't believe for one moment that Rhodes was Carlos' choice. Doesn't fit the profile. Carlos favoured technical footballers - which Rhodes isn't. Also said he "resisted pressure from upstairs to play him". Rhodes was someone else's guy. We also spurned interest in Forestieri, and declined a £9m offer for Reach which could have allowed us to reinvest. Those decisions fall on Chansiri. 

2 hours ago, Womble Owl said:

I'd have him back

if he was still here and club continued to sign total garbage on big contracts we wouldnt now have a club .I don't know why you or certain others think he is some sort of a god. that man is a fraud that's why he has had nearly 20 clubs in management and has done absolutely nothing . he is a charmer ,and I bet he could pull some right birds with his chit chat but as a manager please leave that mistake alone in the past.  if he ever returned to my club im done. all the dross since is down to him and his appalling management. 

Edited by handworth52
d
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ian_D said:

I liked him but he should have gone after Wembley

That would have been very harsh. Definitely deserved a second season after a great first. However, after that Huddersfield play off performance (and even the entire season performance) that should have been it for him

1 minute ago, Burnsie said:

Wasn't Carlos head coach. Isn't that title normally reserved for someone who coaches but doesn't buy?

chansiri clearly stated when asked about this that carlos is our manager not head coach , it was only during his 1st 5 months he had that role. he had full responsibility regards signings from new year jan 2016,. 

Just now, handworth52 said:

chansiri clearly stated when asked about this that carlos is our manager not head coach , it was only during his 1st 5 months he had that role. he had full responsibility regards signings from new year jan 2016,. 

K. That's why I asked.

Carvalhal failed. He had far more resources than any other manager in the last two decades and didn't deliver. We had a some games where we played some nice football but also quite a few where we played some awful football. His management of players was atrocious and when it came to the big games he couldn't come up the goods. Good riddance and lets hope for better times when we have someone that can deliver promotion.

33 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Would you be saying he was the wrong man if we had beaten Hull?

He was given money to spend and he spent it - Look at DC if you have an issue with that.

yes I though he was the wrong man from the start, his open arsed football would have been exposed in the premier as it was by the pigs at hillsborough.

that said I expected us IF ever we went up (possibly) to be trying the wba scenario of up and down, filling and re filling our pockets with parachute money, until we could get up and stay up.

but NO, this multi times, short term failure wasn't the man to handle our best opportunity for 20/30 or more years.

I cannot understand how he was considered in the first place, I can understand him taking it, but you wouldn't let a tramp hold you fish n' chips whilst you went in for a fork would you, and then blame the tramp?

• Haha 1