Carlos on TalkSport

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

despite the labour government, the tory party vote would be solid at 30%+ during that time, more than enough to bias such a broad based poll, in which both Elizabeth l, and Brunel would be well ahead of 'the chancer'.

as you post (which I had overlooked) the vote for him would be bolstered further because things were going so badly for the conservatives in the country at the time.

Sounds like "Corbyn won the argument 2".

Desperate!!!!

Just now, Emerson Thome said:

To be fair, if 30% of the people in a country want to vote for something that isn't really biasing a poll. Like saying Ben Stokes only won SPOTY because 30% of the people in the country like cricket.

it was a political bias, IF seb coe had won it for finishing 4th, and 9th. in two races, that would have been it again.

Churchill was voted the greatest ever Englishman, but he was voted as such by tory voters sick of losing general elections to labour.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Sounds like "Corbyn won the argument 2".

Desperate!!!!

not sure at what you're trying to say in the first line.

as for the second, i'd noticed it a while ago about you, I had you with the Gallipoli posting, but like your hero, you just kept coming.

well I say like him, at least YOU kept coming unlike him who sent some other poor b*****ds, and more than plenty of 'em.

15 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

not sure at what you're trying to say in the first line.

as for the second, i'd noticed it a while ago about you, I had you with the Gallipoli posting, but like your hero, you just kept coming.

well I say like him, at least YOU kept coming unlike him who sent some other poor b*****ds, and more than plenty of 'em.

That no matter what the evidence proves (re the "Greatest living Englishman vote), you still refuse to accept it.

As do the Labour party who in the face of over whelming proof in the election meltdown, STILL maintain Magic Grandpa got it right.

On 26/01/2020 at 12:31, bigthinrob said:

That no matter what the evidence proves (re the "Greatest living Englishman vote), you still refuse to accept it.

As do the Labour party who in the face of over whelming proof in the election meltdown, STILL maintain Magic Grandpa got it right.

can't argue with the latter part.

44 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Really should have stayed at the Green Man.  We saw Tricky Dicky and everything..

We were never going to win that match.

We never set out to win it, just to stay in it, which was the most frustrating thing as we more than matched them home and away. 

A sign of things to come under Carlos 

On 23/01/2020 at 11:27, torres said:

Look at his signings   - set us back 5 years - at least!!

Well, I don't think he was responsible for a lot of those signings. If you are wanting to villify managers, why not start with Pleat, or Eustace, or Luhukay. Not a manager who got us to two play off places in two years...even if he lost the plot in his third season.  :mad: