Carlos on TalkSport

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Chansiri spent huge in the second season on Reach, Rhodes, Jones, Abdi/Pudil double-deal, and Fletcher on a bumper contract. Don't believe for one moment that Rhodes was Carlos' choice. Doesn't fit the profile. Carlos favoured technical footballers - which Rhodes isn't. Also said he "resisted pressure from upstairs to play him". Rhodes was someone else's guy. We also spurned interest in Forestieri, and declined a £9m offer for Reach which could have allowed us to reinvest. Those decisions fall on Chansiri. 

Fascinating if key transfers are Chansiri responsibility but the media never get near him to question him, while managers take flak every week.

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Fascinating if key transfers are Chansiri responsibility but the media never get near him to question him, while managers take flak every week.

Well D.C. funds it , so he must have the final say . He wants the same as us fans so I can’t knock him for that , just the way he’s gone about  it . 

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Plus we had a huge injury crisis with many of our best players out for large portions of the season. I think that is one of the reasons carlos adopted a more cautious approach. 

If we had kept our key players fit I think we may well have gone up automatically.

an injury crisis largely caused by carlos. ask the ex physio . ive even spoken to a players father regards this , he fetched players back from injury way too quickly , k lee springs to mind , Hutchinson went on record regards poor fitness partly down to carlos, also George boyd also brought up about carlos and his poor training,fitness and bringing players back too quickly. have you noticed since bruce came in and monk that players are properly brought back to fitness and we have less players out. 

5 hours ago, dorian gray said:

smoke n' mirrors, snake oil, bullshit, HE WILL come across well.

I though his third season was his most telling, IF he'd stayed he'd have got us out the championship.

if he stayed for certain we would have got relegated to league 1 , stuck with a 40 million wage bill what nearly trebled during his term ,we would have been totally crippled financially as those players were still under contract and no club out there would touch them ie abdi,david jones Rhodes. our turnover would have fallen in league 1 to 13-14 million still with the 40 million wage bill, instant embargo , points deductions and almost certain administration we in effect could easily have became the next Bolton or bury , luckily a lot of the deadbeats/deadwood have left at end of there contracts ,and a lot of our players contracts are up at end of this season so we aint in a dire mess as it could have been , we might still get a big points deduction this or next season which might relegate us but we wont be burdened by as big a wage bill and wont have a squad full of deadbeats draining the life out of this club so if we ever go down due to efl we can easily bounce back. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Carvalhal failed. He had far more resources than any other manager in the last two decades and didn't deliver. We had a some games where we played some nice football but also quite a few where we played some awful football. His management of players was atrocious and when it came to the big games he couldn't come up the goods. Good riddance and lets hope for better times when we have someone that can deliver promotion.

Agree , I always remember when once we were on sky one of the punters           ( maybe Andrews or Rowett) said Wednesday seem to get results but you feel it's usually from a players brilliance rather than the managers tactics.

And that's how I see it ,with a proper manager that team could have gone up automatic rather than us all doing cartwheels because we finished 6th, beat 9 men at Hillsborough and getting out managed at Wembley 

Edited by the monk

6 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Carlos: Does well whilst here, only manager actually given cash to spend (some good, some bad).

Every Other Manager: Does pretty average/standard keeping us mid table - minimal cash to spend, must utilise the loan market.

There is a pattern here.

carlos had 100 million either in transfer fees or for players contracts , every manager since like you say has spent nothing and only minimal loans . jos was a joke but he inherited 15 injuries due to poor recruitment/poor fitness/rushed back too quickly , the best managers out there wouldn't have had a hope picking up the mess he left. 

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

Agree , I always remember when once we were on sky one of the punters           ( maybe Andrews or Rowett) said Wednesday seem to get results but you feel it's usually from a players brilliance rather than the managers tactics.

And that's how I see it ,with a proper manager that team could have gone up automatic rather than us all doing cartwheels because we finished 6th, beat 9 men at Hillsborough and getting out managed at Wembley 

it was keith Andrews remember it well what he said. he also said we have a plan a no plan b and we are far too predictable. 

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

carlos had 100 million either in transfer fees or for players contracts , every manager since like you say has spent nothing and only minimal loans . jos was a joke but he inherited 15 injuries due to poor recruitment/poor fitness/rushed back too quickly , the best managers out there wouldn't have had a hope picking up the mess he left. 

Is that factual true or your estimation?

9 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Carlos: Does well whilst here, only manager actually given cash to spend (some good, some bad).

Every Other Manager: Does pretty average/standard keeping us mid table - minimal cash to spend, must utilise the loan market.

There is a pattern here.

If you actually take in to account long contracts and transfer fees the bloke had millions and millions and managed to get us half a dozen places higher than S.G had managed with zilch to spend 

Just now, the monk said:

You dont have to look far to see a team that has an excellent team work ethic rather than a few individuals performing wonders.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

You dont have to look far to see a team that has an excellent team work ethic rather than a few individuals performing wonders.

Imagine Wilder with those players ??

We would have had a cigar on by February!!

Or Warnock for that matter (sobs)

Edited by the monk

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

I don’t get the hate for Carlos. Yeah, it went wrong in the end like it does for most managers but his first season was fantastic. I like the guy 

Cos there's some real sadsters on here. Alex Ferguson wouldn't have lasted a season at Hillsboro.

He wasn't perfect by any means, but I'm sure we'd never lose a home game 0-5 under Carlos.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is that factual true or your estimation?

look at accounts , look at  wages before carlos came and look what they spiralled to , take into account a lot of those signings were given a 3-4 year deals some on 40k like Rhodes , david jones came from burnley and got a 3 year deal he got a 4 million pound contract . george boyd also got a 2 year deal on big money, abdi was 4million fee on big wages . I know hooper was on 30k a week . I can assure you that the money chucked about was unreal and very damaging long term without premier league money. a poor manager/poor recruitment don't just set you back a few weeks it can set you back years. look at even the great man utd look at the mess there transfer policy has done , last night it was unreal it was like our crowd in 2nd half against blackburn 80% had gone by the 80th min and most what stayed only did so to have a go at the owners. 

Edited by handworth52
t

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

look at accounts , look at  wages before carlos came and look what they spiralled to , take into account a lot of those signings were given a 3-4 year deals some on 40k like Rhodes , david jones came from burnley and got a 3 year deal he got a 4 million pound contract . george boyd also got a 2 year deal on big money, abdi was 4million fee on big wages . I know hooper was on 30k a week . I can assure you that the money chucked about was unreal and very damaging long term without premier league money. a poor manager/poor recruitment don't just set you back a few weeks it can set you back years. look at even the great man utd look at the mess there transfer policy has done , last night it was unreal it was like our crowd in 2nd half against blackburn 80% had gone by the 80th min and most what satayed only did so to have a go at the owners. 

Doesn't answer my question though. 

24 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

as much as I cant stand wilder you cant argue with that, he has 11 players on the pitch what give 110% every game ,he says quite often that every player signed has to have the work ethic and to fit in . when any team is attacking them quite often there are 9 players around you , they would be in bottom 3 on talent but he gets every last bit out of his players. sad to say it but true. 

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Doesn't answer my question though. 

a lot is factual some is estimation . I know what our wage bill was and what it went upto , somethings get reported in the media ,and some information I get from good sources .the 100 million figure isnt some daft estimate. 

5 hours ago, dorian gray said:

bullshitting conman, who STILL has some fooled.

as I posted the other day, what part of 2 play off disasters is worth the clubs best chance for (20+) years?

have some wednesday fans 'expectations' dropped so low as to look at play off failure as an honour?

there was a time not long ago on here when the pigs continued play off failings were a huge laughing matter, and remember just before he went to his 'boyhood dream club' the biggest body of people in sheffield wanting him to stay were pig fans.

2play off disasters!!!!

You talk as if the play offs that first year was already nailed on. You are forgetting he got us massively over achieving to even get a sniff of the play offs, never mind the final. We should never really have been in contention. We simply weren’t ready.

You also conveniently forget in your rant, that Hull basically had better players in just about every position, brought about by their failure payments. 

You’re re writing history mate. 

At least be honest & keep it in context for fu*ks sake.