Carlos on TalkSport

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Of course he would have been a hero at the time if we had beaten Hull, in fact he was hero even though we lost to the majority of fans.
But think in the next season his reputation would have suffered when the inevitable down turn in results would have happened and odd ball behaviour would have kicked in.

Yeah not debating that at all. Just questioning some of the overly negative stuff being spouted

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nilsson said:

How long have you been watching us? 

The seasons in the early 90s were better but I even preferred the 2005 and 2012 seasons because they ended on a high instead of that flat feeling after the Hull game

In my 20s so I missed out on the days of us in the premier league unfortunately. 

Going to Millennium stadium was a great day out, don't really remember much of the season. 2012 obviously great going up against Carlisle, but in terms of standard of football and memorable games the 2015/16 season is the best for me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

chansiri clearly stated when asked about this that carlos is our manager not head coach , it was only during his 1st 5 months he had that role. he had full responsibility regards signings from new year jan 2016,. 

No he didn't. He had final say on signings but played no role in actually identifying targets. The exception was venancio when we desperately needed a CB but whoever was dealing with recruitment couldn't find anyone.

13 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

At Wembley, a long distance goal from Wallace instead of their bloke and we would not have played the pigs until this year. Unless of course we had come down again, but presumably by then we would have had a new manager and a big bank full of money, topped up by the prem every year for the next three seasons.

I take it you've herd the term 'IF my auntie had ****** she'd be my uncle'.

55 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

A simply yes or no would have sufficed. 

the 'bills' helicopter has been doing the rounds here for the last hour or so, call 'em off Lestrade.

it would have been cheaper to offer them a reward to give themselves up than fly that bloody thing around all afternoon.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

chansiri clearly stated when asked about this that carlos is our manager not head coach , it was only during his 1st 5 months he had that role. he had full responsibility regards signings from new year jan 2016,. 

Would Chansiri know the difference between a head coach and a manager?

5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

the 'bills' helicopter has been doing the rounds here for the last hour or so, call 'em off Lestrade.

it would have been cheaper to offer them a reward to give themselves up than fly that bloody thing around all afternoon.

Inspector Lestrade is a fictional character who appeared in the Sherlock Holmes Detective novels created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  

Lestrade made his first appearance in the first Sherlock Holmes story, A Study in Scarlet.

So as much as wish to call off the helicopters search for you, I am unable to do so.

I reckon its Carlos whose out looking for you. 

Carlos????  Carlos the Jackal?

Keep indoors.

• Haha 1

Guest Grez Bez

Not getting into a debate about him but he is the only manager in years to bring the buzz back to Hillsborough.

It was a great ride (albeit too long)

28 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

No he didn't. He had final say on signings but played no role in actually identifying targets. The exception was venancio when we desperately needed a CB but whoever was dealing with recruitment couldn't find anyone.

what manager in this day and age is head of recruitment? I know he isn't totally to blame for the total  fiasco mess what has us in a massive financial hole but like you say he had the final say. lets put it this way if my company/employer club was going to spend 18 million  in total on Rhodes inc wages then surely carlos would know what kind of player he was getting , clearly the slow type of build up what carlos uses is defo not suited to Rhodes ,so as he had final say ,why didn't he say to chansiri he would be a bad idea and cost this club so much to almost put us into financial ruin. any player what carlos signed he should have checked them out properly to make sure they were adaptable to his style of play. 

38 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Would Chansiri know the difference between a head coach and a manager?

probably not as he has got so much wrong . but carlos after the committee was disbanded had the final say on transfers ,and while he cant be blamed for every signing ,he certainly can for  Rhodes as even thicko me knows how Rhodes plays and knew he wouldn't fit into Carlos's system whether it was the Rhodes of 2014 or the Rhodes of 2020. that's 18 million blown just on 1 player. I wont go into every carlos disaster/mistake as its old news and gets boring after a while . but its a scary thought that he could 1 day be back here. I doubt we will have a club left if he did.