Carlos on TalkSport

11 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

Comes across as a nice bloke and his first season was brilliant. 

Second season was a disaster and he threw away our best chance if promotion within recent times. Could be another 20 years before we get that chance again. 

But we finished higher in the league with more points? Yes, we lost to Hudds who went up and stayed up

On 23/01/2020 at 11:24, BIG D said:

I don’t get the hate for Carlos. Yeah, it went wrong in the end like it does for most managers but his first season was fantastic. I like the guy 

which is presumably why he doesn't stay longer than that at jobs -  the ramifications of his alleged nonchalant attitude to training fitness are still with us now 

3 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

Comes across as a nice bloke and his first season was brilliant. 

Second season was a disaster and he threw away our best chance if promotion within recent times. Could be another 20 years before we get that chance again. 

Well, I'm hoping Monks first season is a similar disaster then.

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

which is presumably why he doesn't stay longer than that at jobs -  the ramifications of his alleged nonchalant attitude to training fitness are still with us now 

We were so unfit?   His half-time substitutions were often game changers.  

Losing at Brum on 90 minutes and winning with 2 injury time goals.

Going 2-1 down at Rotherham on 87 minutes but still winning.

2-0 down at home to Bris City and winning 3-2 with a last minute winner.

Last gasp winner at home to Rotherham. 1-0.  

Of course we're much fitter now aren't we?  Never concede injury time goals??????

Edited by Lincs Owl

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The same McGugan who refused to play in the position his manager asked him to play?

It's a myth anyway; he never refused to play the number 10 role, just like FF never refused to play on the left.

It was interpreted as such after weeks and weeks of McGugan not playing and CC then being asked as to why this was and he offered up the explanation that he can't really play in the position they had in mind for him, not that he won't play there.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

It's a myth anyway; he never refused to play the number 10 role, just like FF never refused to play on the left.

It was interpreted as such after weeks and weeks of McGugan not playing and CC then being asked as to why this was and he offered up the explanation that he can't really play in the position they had in mind for him, not that he won't play there.

Very bizarre they wanted him to play in a position that they knew he couldn't play in?  

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Very bizarre they wanted him to play in a position that they knew he couldn't play in? 

Extremely! But, for those that believe McGugan was a player that CC himself didn't choose to sign, then I guess it fits.

10 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

We were so unfit?   His half-time substitutions were often game changers.  

Losing at Brum on 90 minutes and winning with 2 injury time goals.

Going 2-1 down at Rotherham on 87 minutes but still winning.

2-0 down at home to Bris City and winning 3-2 with a last minute winner.

Last gasp winner at home to Rotherham. 1-0.  

Of course we're much fitter now aren't we?  Never concede injury time goals??????

I think the view that formed about CC's approach to keeping the players in shape centred more on the players' conditioning rather than their fitness per-se.

And really it's about trying to explain why we progressively just got more and more players out injured the longer he was with us.

3 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Apaologies if mentioned before, cant be arsed to read 16 pages ... 

BUT if firmly of the opinion that we'll see CC again managing Wednesday. Even as an interim measure.. I'm convinced DC would go back. 

if that ever happened then I can see our club going to the wall unless chansiri got out ,your right im almost certain he would have him back . if that happened our club would become a war zone , fan on fan ,there would be fisticuffs everywhere , when he was here it was defo 50/50 regards him ,I saw endless amounts of our own supporters fighting or having massive arguments regarding him , hardly seen anything this past 3 years regards our supporters fighting with each other. I love going to watch my team home and away but the thought of him coming back makes me sick and I just couldn't watch us if that happened , I know theres quite a few supporters who wouldn't go again if he came back. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

McM was wll know for his issues and i would go with the original story.

But the ‘original story’ was based on an interview with CC. There is no other source here. The way CC accounted for it implied that he was of the opinion that McGugan was suited to playing in the no. 10 role only then for it to transpire that he wasn't.

And it's not that much different to the way he accounted for FF's form at the start of the 17/18 season; he said he spoke to FF to ask him why he thought his form was not as it had been and he said FF told him that he has less energy ('henergy') to get into the box as much because of all the tracking back he was needing to do in that left-sided role. Very odd that a coach would need it pointing out to them that the more defensive work you ask an attacking player to make, their effectiveness in the attacking third of the pitch will probably decrease.