Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

8 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

The Stir :laugh:

IgjfIHT.gif

That's the Holmesian Fallacy

This fallacy usually occurs when someone uses the Holmes Method without being a superhuman genius. The Holmes Method is illustrated by the quote from "The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier",[note 1] a 1926 Sherlock Holmes short story:

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." —Sherlock Holmes

To apply this method, one must find explanations and eliminate them one by one. However, to draw a logical conclusion from this is fallacious, because both steps require omniscience:

1. Find every possible explanation.
  2. Correctly disprove every possible explanation, except the true and undisprovable one.

Star Trek's Spock even uttered a version of it in Star Trek VI — The Undiscovered Country.[

Maybe Doom is Omniscient?

Edited by Nero

39 minutes ago, Nero said:

This fallacy usually occurs when someone uses the Holmes Method without being a superhuman genius. The Holmes Method is illustrated by the quote from "The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier",[note 1] a 1926 Sherlock Holmes short story:

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." —Sherlock Holmes

To apply this method, one must find explanations and eliminate them one by one. However, to draw a logical conclusion from this is fallacious, because both steps require omniscience:

2. Correctly disprove every possible explanation, except the true and undisprovable one.

Star Trek's Spock even uttered a version of it in Star Trek VI — The Undiscovered Country.[

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle loved his SH books but he was a bit of a fruitloop was taken in hook line and sinker by the Cottingley Fairies.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Well blow me, I didn't know that lol

This morning, I have it on good authority that Wickham leapt out of bed screaming at his Mrs, demanding she pack him a banana sandwich, some Worcester Sauce crisps, and some liquorice with the sherbet running through the middle, saying positively “I don’t like leeks”, followed by “Cometh the hour, cometh the man, my club needs me”.

It’s going to be another interesting day.

Or possibly not, if the Wickham household hasn’t got any bananas.

• Haha 1

On the plus side, the Sun (yeah, I know) are reporting that Wickham is on the verge of joining us. Probably based on what they've either seen on here or what Nixon has said of course, but suggests that it's between us and Cardiff.