Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

Think we got about 100k for winning in 3rd round and then 180k for winning in 4th round. 

Wonder if DC will wait till after Monday’s 5th round draw

Was just going to post this. If we get drawn away at Man U/Liverpool and its televised, that's a few hundred grand into this years accounts. If things are as tight as it seems with  P&S it could make all the difference. 

31 minutes ago, cowl said:

Nice one. I'd be interested to know who these inveterate contradictors are then...

I’ll leave it, give you something to do 

It looks like there is loads of brinkmanship going off this window, buyers and sellers staring each other out and seeing who blinks first.

In our case with only an outside chance of the playoffs and potential points deduction I can understand us waiting until the last minute.

I don't understand a club like Leeds who are desperately short of reinforcements and quickly running out of steam not moving quickly as the points lost in January could easily cost them automatic promotion.

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Just seen this. Will force our hand to either match Cardiff or walk away from the deal and look at other targets. I’m sure his preference will be to come here. As good a player Wickham is (when fit) I won’t lose sleep over it if we don’t get him. Prefer us to sign someone permanently or with a view to a permanent signing.

5 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Could be agent talk this trying to force a deal through? If true though you’d hope we haven’t put all our eggs in a Conner Wickham sized basket only to get gazumped by Cardiff and their parachute payments. 

Tbh, it's looking more like it was agent talk in him coming here and even if not, if they can offer more than us then almost any other team that wants him can as well.

I think we need to turn our attention to somone more attainable at this point. 

Edited by SupremeOwl

59 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Just seen this. Will force our hand to either match Cardiff or walk away from the deal and look at other targets. I’m sure his preference will be to come here. As good a player Wickham is (when fit) I won’t lose sleep over it if we don’t get him. Prefer us to sign someone permanently or with a view to a permanent signing.

I agree but GM has always said we were looking at loans. It's possible this is down to us not knowing what's going to happen re possible points deduction and not knowing where we are next season including L1.