Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that any incomings are reliant on getting players out of the door first. 

More like bringing one in. Brendan Rodgers gave an interview today that spells out the main issue; They want to loan out Filip Benkovic as he needs games, but they need to bring in someone before they can do that as they need to have cover in case of injury or suspension. 

I (and other people) keep banging on about it, but again, teams need to replace players they want to loan or transfer out. Someone will move and set off the domino effect. It's not necessarily a case of us not pursuing targets, just that their parent club are searching for a replacement.

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

More like bringing one in. Brendan Rodgers gave an interview today that spells out the main issue; They want to loan out Filip Benkovic as he needs games, but they need to bring in someone before they can do that as they need to have cover in case of injury or suspension. 

I (and other people) keep banging on about it, but again, teams need to replace players they want to loan or transfer out. Someone will move and set off the domino effect. It's not necessarily a case of us not pursuing targets, just that their parent club are searching for a replacement.

Don’t think that is the case with Wickham, Hodgson has already said he’s happy for him to go out. All about us getting nearer to what they want. Any other signings should be youngsters, so they also won’t need replacing We are always dilatory when it comes to bringing players in

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Minton said:

This doesn't fit the narrative of our club management being incompetent though does it?

Also if you're actually going for targets other clubs want too it stands to reason both the player and loaning club will wait until the end of the window to give themselves the chance of the best offer for them. 

Unfortunately it's just how these things work theses days. Patience is certainly a virtue when it comes to loans from premier league clubs in January.

Guest Ferkorf
5 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Was told that wolverines make a good house pet and you wanna see the state of my sofa now. 

:tango:

Edited by Ferkorf

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

He’s signing for QPR now?

How short-sighted of him. 

He’ll not get to the FA Cup Final with them.

Nor would he with us....cup-tied.

We'll just have to win it without him. garymegson

Guest LittleG
17 hours ago, Minton said:

Agree. Unfortunately, with some people on here, it's like banging your head against a brick wall. 

Guest LittleG
19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

and again, Wickham has already been told he can go now, this one is down to money

What if Wickham and his agent are waiting to see if any other offers come in.

Guest addedtime
2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

What if Wickham and his agent are waiting to see if any other offers come in.

But won't he be on the same money wherever he goes?

1 minute ago, torres said:

Still can’t help but fear the worst with this move. (If it happens) 

History tells us he’s not a fit lad and we haven’t been blessed with luck on that front 

Hopefully it won’t be a case of, all our eggs in one basket. If we are looking to bring 2 or 3 in, they can all be front players for me