Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hopefully it won’t be a case of, all our eggs in one basket. If we are looking to bring 2 or 3 in, they can all be front players for me

you would hope that would be the case 

but this is wednesday we’re on about 

1 minute ago, torres said:

you would hope that would be the case 

but this is wednesday we’re on about 

Well, er yes. I can understand why we have identified Wickham, he’s a pretty good like for like replacement for Fletcher. Bring in a couple of promising youngsters to add a bit of pace and energy to our forward options. That would be my plan anyway, but as you say, it is Wednesday we are talking about. Not sure what’s stopping us bringing in those youngsters now

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well, er yes. I can understand why we have identified Wickham, he’s a pretty good like for like replacement for Fletcher. Bring in a couple of promising youngsters to add a bit of pace and energy to our forward options. That would be my plan anyway, but as you say, it is Wednesday we are talking about. Not sure what’s stopping us bringing in those youngsters now

Agents waiting till the last minute for the best deal. 

Guest LittleG
47 minutes ago, addedtime said:

But won't he be on the same money wherever he goes?

What if he wants to go to a better club or one closer to London. Nobody knows what going on or the ins and outs; best just to sit back and see what happens 

27 minutes ago, wilyfox said:
Wigan. Willing to pay 500k all in for Jordan Rhodes loan. Sheff Wed want more. May hinge on Wickham loan progress. Not much sign of that yet.

Essentially Wigan stumping up half of Rhodes wages upfront for half the season. Hopefully a deal can be agreed, hope we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot holding out for too much as per. Rhodes needs to be in the shop window. 

OT - I just wish Chansiri would run the club in a sustainable way

Also OT - Just accept whatever for Rhodes and give Palace whatever they want for Wickham 

48 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Money. We have none available and the efl looking at every move we make now. 

4 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

OT - I just wish Chansiri would run the club in a sustainable way

Also OT - Just accept whatever for Rhodes and give Palace whatever they want for Wickham 

You've gone to all the effort to note that it's the same people taking up contradictory positions? Must've taken you ages.

55 minutes ago, cowl said:

You've gone to all the effort to note that it's the same people taking up contradictory positions? Must've taken you ages.

No effort at all, my memory helped me out 

49 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

If palace want 25k per week for Wickham and Wigan give us 500k for Rhodes then don’t they basically cancel each other out??

If so it’s a no brainer for me 

If

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:
Wigan. Willing to pay 500k all in for Jordan Rhodes loan. Sheff Wed want more. May hinge on Wickham loan progress. Not much sign of that yet.

I’d drive him there if nobody else can 

damage limitation

go have a decent back end to the season Jordon and put yourself in shop window 

I’m hopeful someone might come in for him in the summer for a few million 

1 hour ago, cowl said:

No, the whole of OT has these contradictory positions. What he seems to have conveniently forgot is that he's also a member of OT. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I’d drive him there if nobody else can 

damage limitation

go have a decent back end to the season Jordon and put yourself in shop window 

I’m hopeful someone might come in for him in the summer for a few million 

Agree, only concern is if we are docked points this season, JR might just score them the goals that helps them finish above us in the relegation battle.

• Haha 1