Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

20 minutes ago, striker said:

I thought they'd agreed at the beginning of the window he could go on loan. As nobody agreed a deal, still their player to use as they wish. 

I just wonder though how different January would have been if we got our ducks in a row and business done early. I know lots of clubs in the same position, but we always seem slow to act. 

When loaning players you're always waiting for the other club to make a decision as to when a player can go. Palace have used Wickham on the bench for the last few matches. Maybe they waited to see if players got injured or a better offer came in for Wickham (which it did).

I honestly don't think you can blame the timing on the club.

4 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Cardiff have gone a bit quiet now, apparently they've just finished watching the Rhodes videos. 

The highlights of his last 3 seasons!

Well that's 15 seconds they will never get back...lol

1 hour ago, cowl said:

But how does this pose a problem to us adopting a more long-term plan, such as a Brentford model? It doesn't. Not in the slightest.

Brentford use the moneyball system and it's worked (so far) for them. Barnsley use the same system and look where they are... 

It's not as simple as just adopting their system and reaming in the cash

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

Brentford use the moneyball system and it's worked (so far) for them. Barnsley use the same system and look where they are... 

Whilst I agree its not that simple, its about having a strategy and implementing it - lets be right, Barnsley are punching above their weight and managing to break even due to finding players they can sell for far more than they acquire them for.

1 hour ago, cowl said:

But how does this pose a problem to us adopting a more long-term plan, such as a Brentford model? It doesn't. Not in the slightest.

I agree but thats for long term planning we also need a short term plan to get us up and if it doesn't then hopefully the long term plan pays off

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

16 minutes ago, Minton said:

Whether a system is complicated or simple, I assume any implementation would be proceeded by a study of what's required.

Anyway, my point was about whether our fans' expectations would be a barrier against implementing a long-term strategy; they absolutely wouldn't be.

3 hours ago, striker said:

I thought they'd agreed at the beginning of the window he could go on loan. As nobody agreed a deal, still their player to use as they wish. 

I just wonder though how different January would have been if we got our ducks in a row and business done early. I know lots of clubs in the same position, but we always seem slow to act. 

I’m pretty sure the club would have wanted this too - I don’t think it’s quite as simple as some people think lol

2 hours ago, Minton said:

Yes but we use the cakeball system.  Unique tha knows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Injury prone, injury prone, injury prone...

Connor Wickham has not been injured for nearly 16 months!

Unfit?  Probably.  Unpicked?  Definitely.  Injured?  No.  He has not had a reported injury since early October 2018.  

Yes he has. On way back from big injury he kept having set backs.