Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

24 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I agree but GM has always said we were looking at loans. It's possible this is down to us not knowing what's going to happen re possible points deduction and not knowing where we are next season including L1. 

Because Monk will have been told that’s what he has to do. It’s a short term solution to a long term problem. So either this window or next permanent strikers will have to be brought in. They won’t be cheap in either. 

Just now, Ash76 said:

Nixon peddling nonsense for someone

Say it is true though, so what, let them pay it. There'll be others

You would hope so. We need two or three new attacking players, they can’t all be dependent on Wickham signing

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Exactly and that's why we won't be getting any unless we ship some out and no one is sniffing around our forwards.  

So we go with what we have.

But we were told there was money available for Monk to bring a few in, so I don’t think we’re dependent on getting players out. 
Of course, it would be better if we could shift a few, but there was no mention of needing to

I love reading posts with people convincing themselfs nobody is coming in

chill out, nothing will happen until final day , we aren’t prepared to pay what palace want for Wickham wether that’s down to restricted finances or not is pure speculation  

17 hours ago, gurujuan said:

You would hope so. We need two or three new attacking players, they can’t all be dependent on Wickham signing

Yes. An attacking midfielder would be one good signing, maybe a box to box type midfielder too and a decent young striker would be another possibility, especially if we have any chance of signing one or more of them in the summer. We cannot rely on one of Lee, Luongo, or Hutchinson always being fit, which leaves us with Bannan and Pessy in midfield pretty much every game from now to the end of the season. The club knew we were limited in midfield at the start of the season and listed Hunt, Waldock, Grant and Hughes as first team midfielders! We have only seen one have a brief outing in an FA cup game, so presumably none of them are fancied for any first team action in the league just yet? With everything going off right now financially, legally etc, this transfer window could have a long lasting effect on our fortunes, for better or worse, so let's hope that there are enough people that know what they are doing to get some good deals over the line.

You kind of get the feeling that there are deals there all ready to sign, but the parting clubs are just waiting to see if any better offers are going to come along! 

19 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I agree but GM has always said we were looking at loans. It's possible this is down to us not knowing what's going to happen re possible points deduction and not knowing where we are next season including L1. 

No way will we be in L1 next season. lol

There is no point getting stressed until the window is closed. Even then we won't know. I have proved over and over that I know very little about professional football. A recent example being my initial opinions on the signings of Borner, Harris, Murphy Odubajo, Luongo.

Chill out and have a Ginger Nut and a cuppa.