Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

2 hours ago, prowl said:

We need a striker to replace Fletcher. at present we seem to have the option of Nuhiu, Winnall, Rhodes or Wickham. Posters are terrified of leaving it up to the first 3 so at present Wickham is the best option. I have no idea how much his loan is going to cost. I don't remember any figures being mentioned.

If Wickham gets injured we have to fall back on the first 3 so we are no worse off other than financially which we can't quantify. I know if he gets injured everyone will scream 'told you so'  but players do get injured all the time so who knows if it is down to him being injury prone or just him being a player.

Yes players get injured all the time, but since DC took over we have started paying much higher wages that are unsustainable at legal EFL levels. Why waste a good chunk of our remaining allowance (if we can include our ground sale money in last seasons accounts, otherwise we are already in big trouble) on a player with a long, consistent history of injuries? 

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Yes players get injured all the time, but since DC took over we have started paying much higher wages that are unsustainable at legal EFL levels. Why waste a good chunk of our remaining allowance (if we can include our ground sale money in last seasons accounts, otherwise we are already in big trouble) on a player with a long, consistent history of injuries? 

I know where you are coming from and I agree we should be cautious. It depends on the money involved. If there's a big loan fee we should walk way, It his wages are really high and we are expected to pay them all then walk away. At the end of the day we will be paying him for 6 months, if they are part subsidising him it might not be a massive amount in terms of saving our season.

You have to trust the manager and club to be sensible. Difficult in view of our recent history but we are fans, we don't get a say in the matter.

Just now, prowl said:

I know where you are coming from and I agree we should be cautious. It depends on the money involved. If there's a big loan fee we should walk way, It his wages are really high and we are expected to pay them all then walk away. At the end of the day we will be paying him for 6 months, if they are part subsidising him it might not be a massive amount in terms of saving our season.

You have to trust the manager and club to be sensible. Difficult in view of our recent history but we are fans, we don't get a say in the matter.

Trust the club to be sensible......

Theres a thing

• Haha 1

Can't believe that people on here are happy enough to sign player who had decent stint with us so long ago, and couldn't get bothered to get out on loan and improve himself as a footballer... Don't think we got ourself a bargain here.

• Haha 1