Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

16 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If I could get odds on him signing, I'd lump on.

Ticks so many boxes.

His club want him out on loan, he's the right type to replace Fletch, he has good history with us, he's not too expensive etc.

If we can afford to bring anyone in, it will be him.

The only thing that could jeopardise the deal, is us dragging our heels over decision

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Really can see wickham coming here to be honest. Ticks all the boxes. Don’t think we will see nketiah, Che Adams here tho. We do another striker, a player with a bit of pace and movement. Wickham is effectively replacing Fletcher.

Wells can leave QPR apparently, obviously with Burnley’s permission. Not rapid, but quick over short distances, and a similar goals record to Fletcher this season. Maybe a bit lightweight?

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Wells can leave QPR apparently, obviously with Burnley’s permission. Not rapid, but quick over short distances, and a similar goals record to Fletcher this season. Maybe a bit lightweight?

Good option, could play alongside Wickham or Fletcher when he returns from injury, we can get shut of Winnall , Rhodes if anyone will take them. 

2 minutes ago, kilnhurstowl said:

Heard he will be at the match today. Obviously not in squad. But in the stands. 

Weather this is true or not we wait to see. 

Has Kev the Owl told you that?:biggrin:

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Id certainly have a look at it. If we bring wickham in, we have enough strength and physicality up top with fletcher waiting in the wings. Like you alluded to earlier in the thread, we then need another player who has some pace and movement who can score goals. Wells would fit the bill. Although, I would probably prefer a young premier loanee looking to make their mark. 

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Has he signed yet?

Him and kluivert upfront would RIP this division a new one.

HMSPTL

Would that be Kluivert son currently playing for Roma he is a very quick skilful, pacy, right footed winger and we do need one lol

Steve Bruce has links to Man Utd as we know everywhere he goes he seems to sign Man Utd or ex MU players so his recruitment team we now have must also have some of those links. I would be trying to get Chong in on loan, a very pacy quick right winger starting out in his career but already a Dutch youth international. He would give us more on the right than Murphy who hopefully we can send back as most season loans have a January break clause.

I like Wickham i hope the deal happens match fit and playing week in week out he will improve our team.

Andre Gray is an option getting very little game time at Watford with Deeney fit again, good championship experience and goals to game rati.

If we are also looking to rebuilding a younger hungry team going forward and looking for good players out of contract in the summer. Fosu Mensah into last 6 months, I see a lot of iorfa in him strong, quick, 6" 4 can play across the back line but favours the right side, at 22/23 will be a fee but into last 6 months means Man Utd might be looking to offload. 

Should Iorfa stay in the centre that leaves us only Palmer at right back and should Fox not be offered a deal/ leave, we a very thin in the full backs with Odabajo likely to be gone by the end of the month. Could be a player to develop that may fetch us some decent money 18 months down the road with regular game time and playing with players such as Iorfa and Borner week in week out.

Edited by room0035

8 hours ago, Sonny said:

Although... he is literally going out on loan so clearly can be bothered.

He is at Palace since 2015 and I don't think he played  50 games with them in all that time. Seems like he was perfectly happy sitting on his a55 and colect huge wages doing nothing. 

Last few years we signed fair few players that were unmotivated to play for us, and I'm afraid that Wickham could do the same.

Goes without saying that he would get my full support if we get him here.