Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

1 hour ago, malek said:

Can't believe that people on here are happy enough to sign player who had decent stint with us so long ago, and couldn't get bothered to get out on loan and improve himself as a footballer... Don't think we got ourself a bargain here.

Although... he is literally going out on loan so clearly can be bothered.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Match fit like the game against Norwich he scored in last week?

Coming off the bench is different to starting games and playing 90 minutes.

I’d still be happy to see Wickham back here but given how little football he’s played in the last few years it’d be a gamble

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, ka58 said:

We don’t want Conor whickam - just no. 

he’d have to play 10 games just to get match fit.

So you’d rather just have Nuhiu, Rhodes and Winnall?  Wow, just wow

3 hours ago, ka58 said:

17 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

So you’d rather just have Nuhiu, Rhodes and Winnall?  Wow, just wow

I hate the type of post that Kagoshimaowl made. Ka58 doesn’t say that he’d rather just have Nuhiu, Rhodes and Winnall; he says that, in his opinion, we don’t need Wickham - that’s two different things. I would hope that Kagoshimaowl’s post is unintentional because I haven’t seen such a post from him previously. 

Edited by shandypants

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, shandypants said:

I hate the type of post that Kagoshimaowl made. Ka58 doesn’t say that he’d rather just have Nuhiu, Rhodes and Winnall; he says that, in his opinion, we don’t need Wickham - that’s two different things. I would hope that Kagoshimaowl’s post is unintentional because I haven’t seen such a post from him previously. 

What I mean is I’d rather take a risk on Wickham who would be great for us if he stays fit than sticking with the 3 useless stooges.

6 hours ago, ka58 said:

Featured in three matches in a row for Palace between 26th December and 5th January, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 90 minutes, think it's fair to say his fitness is building quite nicely he wouldn't be starting from scratch with us.

• Like 1

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
17 hours ago, Rogers said:

played for us before - tick
Injury prone - tick

big wages - tick

The prefect Wednesday signing 

This ^^^^^
The majority of our fans these days seem to be pre pubescent morons

Guest addedtime
2 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

This ^^^^^
The majority of our fans these days seem to be pre pubescent morons

The irony of your username is strong.

17 hours ago, Rogers said:

played for us before - tick
Injury prone - tick

big wages - tick

The prefect Wednesday signing 

Affinity for the club - tick

Still young with plenty to give - tick

Desperate to prove himself and push on - tick

Quality player with premier league pedigree - tick

Available at a discount price if a loan goes well - tick

• Like 2

1 minute ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Affinity for the club - tick

Still young with plenty to give - tick

Desperate to prove himself and push on - tick

Quality player with premier league pedigree - tick

Available at a discount price if a loan goes well - tick

I think this loan signing is a calculated gamble and something we should pursue. I wouldn’t have looked at it if fletcher was fit but we need that type now and Wickham is the perfect fit. I understand that Palace are happy paying the majority of wages as well. 

We still need another striker but someone who has that movement and with pace. 

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think this loan signing is a calculated gamble and something we should pursue. I wouldn’t have looked at it if fletcher was fit but we need that type now and Wickham is the perfect fit. I understand that Palace are happy paying the majority of wages as well. 

We still need another striker but someone who has that movement and with pace. 

Yes, as you say, a risk, but a calculated one. It’s good that we seem to be considering other attributes, rather than just looking at his goals record He has most of the attributes that Fletcher has, if anything, when fully fit, he is probably technically better. 
We do need another striker, and I’d like to see the same consideration given to that signing as well Again, don’t just look at their goals records (Rhodes and Winnall) but can they operate in the roles required? If it’s a two up front situation, will they mesh with Wickham, but at the same time, offering skills that we don’t really have 

I believe that has been the problem previously We’ve acquired a roster of strikers, without giving any thought to how they might gel as a team. Now we know that you can’t just add a previously prolific striker, and hope that the player will transform the team. The player has to suit the team dynamic Yes it sounds as if I’m stating the bleeding obvious, but it is an issue we’ve seemingly ignored previously

• Like 1

For those not wanting CW, can you list below realistic alternatives. Before you do, consider the fact we are more or less broke, and when competing for players we are up against clubs that have bundles to throw about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think Wickham has all the attributes to replace Fletcher. The one question is whether or not he can bring goals too. No denying Fletcher has been in the form of his Wednesday career this season so massive boots to fill. However, CW on loan could be a very shrewd move, here’s hoping he can replicate his form the last time he was at the club!

if we get him that is.