What is happening with FF?

In the pre-Brighton Press Conference the journalists did not even ask about FF or where he is in his recovery.

He seems to be off the radar and an update would be very welcome in my view.

I may be in a minority on here but I still believe that a fit and firing Fernando Forestieri would bring a different dimension to the team that we do not currently possess.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I may be in a minority on here but I still believe that a fit and firing Fernando Forestieri would bring a different dimension to the team that we do not currently possess.

I think the majority agree with you, actually.

It's just that he's been neither fit nor firing for quite some time now...

6 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

In the pre-Brighton Press Conference the journalists did not even ask about FF or where he is in his recovery.

I was thinking the same - the fans seem to have accepted the urban myth of it's FF's annual Christmas holidays.

12 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I think that bit is the problem.

4 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Bannan summed him up. “Isn’t working hard enough in training, doesn’t work hard enough on the pitch” - Monk won’t play someone who isn’t fighting for a place. FF is done at SWFC. He was done 18 months ago.

Sadly that seems the case. 

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Monk said he was returning to the grass last week I believe so should have an update this week.

I may be in the minority with you but I’d still play him week in week out.

You’d have a job when he’s always injured . Why are people still flogging this dead horse. Lads finished 

• Like 1

Hopefully getting him off the payroll will free up some cash for hungry young players. He is either never fit or always suspended. I can’t see why we hold out any hope getting him back in the fold as he has shot his bolt here and that’s been clear for a long time. 

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Hopefully packing up his bits n bobs preparing for a move this month. 

He wont leave this month as we will demand to much money for him based on what he may have done in the past. Same can be said about Rhodes.

He's gone once his contract is up, or if some offer comes in. Should just take our losses and offload asap, although if true concerning not being fit for the squad when you're not working for it, he stands as a good example to the rest of the squad that it doesn't matter how good you are if your effort is not there.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, deano said:

I would also start him if playing 2 upfront. Yes I know he's not an out and out striker but he is a much better player than our other options who just don't contribute enough. 

You mean the players who are always available for selection because they train hard and don't refuse to get on the team coach?

I know who I would rather have in my team.