What is happening with FF?

46 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s a bit unfair You could say the same about Fletcher, it’s just that his one good season happens to be this one

Fletcher has always given 100% and will always step up to the mark when called upon. He's regularly played when carrying an injury and will happily stick his head on the line (literally) for the team.

He may not have always delivered as much as we would have liked but unlike FF his attitude and effort could never be called into question 

Christmas has gone now, sure he'll be available soon. 

Not that I think it will materialise, but suspect we would be open to any interest in moving him on. Could also  say the same for most of our highly paid experienced players who flatter to deceive with the odd good performance, but fail with any element of consistency for that matter. 

His inclusion will strengthen the bench, but I dont have any expectation of FF being a major contributor anymore. 

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

Fletcher has always given 100% and will always step up to the mark when called upon. He's regularly played when carrying an injury and will happily stick his head on the line (literally) for the team.

He may not have always delivered as much as we would have liked but unlike FF his attitude and effort could never be called into question 

I agree, but in most of the games I’ve seen, Forestieri puts in a shift Not saying the time isn’t right for him to move on, but I’m not sure we should be scapegoating the guy, just because he’s out of the side

It would be very interesting if he does move on to see how many appearances he makes for his new club, we'd then know if he's had genuine reasons or been stringing us along, I would have been gutted to see him leave after that first season now I'd help pack his bags.

I’ve given up hoping Forestieri will be the player he was in that first season at Wednesday. 

He’s shown he still has it in his locker (Norwich away at the end of last season) but it’s becoming increasingly clear he couldn’t give a flying f**k about the club now and just wants out.

It’s time we forgot about him, in hindsight we should have sold him when he refused to play.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, cowl said:

say this with a heavy heart, and I know there'll always be the ‘what if only...’, but he can't remain fit for any appreciable length of time.

I would put my bottom dollar on him scoring goals and being a hit in his first 10 games for his new club.

Then tail off and get injured.

I always remember the statement the Leeds owner made about FF when he's signed for us.

Something along the lines of "he didn't fit the culture or leeds utd" and that's why they didn't sign him and he came to us. 

I've always believed that since FF's second season. 

FF issue isn't fitness, it's his over inflated ego. In the first season he was the main man, the ultimate fans favourite. We were below average without him. I'd assume he was our highest earner aswell which is obviously very important to him. 

In the second season we brought in new faces like Fletcher which toppled FF from his throne and he didn't like it. Hence the refusing to get on the bus and resulting new deal for him. But he never recovered and couldn't handle the competition. He has no heart despite that little hand signal he makes all the time. 

He's been finished for me for about 3 seasons now 

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Back in training today.  The time everyone is generally back at work after the xmas holidays. :ph34r:

He has an interesting Christmas record...

2015 played and scored on Boxing Day

2016 played on Boxing Day

2017 Injured

2018 Injured

2019 Injured

Just about sums up his time with us, rapidly downhill since that first year

What is it with us and players in the last year of their contracts, we always seem to do this.

If the manager does not want a player then sell him and get some money into the club, not to mention the saving on wages instead the Wednesday way under DC is let them sit in the stands taking their big wages and not playing. It is probably one of the reason we make so many losses when we have players of £20-30,000 that never play any games.

In the last few years Emanuelson, Jones, Abdi, Winnall, Rhodes, Foresteri, Westwood, Hutchinson, JVA, Hooper all out of favour with the management all sat in the stands watching. 

26 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’ve given up hoping Forestieri will be the player he was in that first season at Wednesday. 

He’s shown he still has it in his locker (Norwich away at the end of last season) but it’s becoming increasingly clear he couldn’t give a flying f**k about the club now and just wants out.

It’s time we forgot about him, in hindsight we should have sold him when he refused to play.

I'll forget about him when we have stopped paying him.

Needs to get off his bike and put a shift in on the pitch. We are crying out for someone like him with the creativity he has, just needs to show it.

31 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Where do you get that from, he was fit from the start of the season and Bullen never played him, then when he was played the FA hit him with another 6 match ban.

He comes back from that and once again the management did not play him, then he picked up a suspect injury that any normal person would be out a few weeks but this is the same team that Lees picks up a hamstring strain and is out for 2 months.

There is more going on with Fessi and I simply think Monk does not like him - so be it but get him sold if that the case as he is helping no one sat in the stands.

Edited by room0035

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I may be in a minority on here but I still believe that a fit and firing Fernando Forestieri would bring a different dimension to the team that we do not currently possess.

a8e6100f78b07a2561991835427fe3ce.jpg.ae4473336bc9cd83a5b13ecb334c521e.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Monk said he was returning to the grass last week I believe so should have an update this week.

I may be in the minority with you but I’d still play him week in week out.

Sadly the injuries have taken their toll and age is now an inevitable factor.

..apart from a blinder against Norwich last term he has been peripheral for along time now.

Be interesting to know what Monk thinks of him and where he fits in the current system/hierarchy