What is happening with FF?

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Don’t ask me why, but when he plays up top we don’t score and we don’t win.

Simple.

Its not as simple as that though is it, the stats you could probably produce are not relative to Garry Monks Sheffield Wednesday and the current set of players, formation and tactics. 

I'm not saying it would be some kind of revaluation but in the absence of any other decent option, at least he has the tools to offer something different than been a shirt filler. 

1 hour ago, deano said:

Its not as simple as that though is it, the stats you could probably produce are not relative to Garry Monks Sheffield Wednesday and the current set of players, formation and tactics. 

I'm not saying it would be some kind of revaluation but in the absence of any other decent option, at least he has the tools to offer something different than been a shirt filler. 

No that’s a very fair point. It is possible Monk could get a Fletcher-Forestieri partnership working, where no other Wednesday manager has got it working with FF up top.

Still think it’s a huge waste of a fabulous wide player. 

7 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Yet they are still contributing more than him . Either way we can all split hairs , wilder or any other manager with a brain wouldn’t touch forestieri

He will go somewhere else and have a great first 6 months. Ideal for a promotion chasing team. 

What a waste of talent for the last couple of years though. 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No that’s a very fair point. It is possible Monk could get a Fletcher-Forestieri partnership working, where no other Wednesday manager has got it working with FF up top.

Still think it’s a huge waste of a fabulous wide player. 

If anything, Monk’s “style” leaves Forestieri further out in the cold Probably needs to find a team that plays the ball on the ground

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’ve given up hoping Forestieri will be the player he was in that first season at Wednesday. 

He’s shown he still has it in his locker (Norwich away at the end of last season) but it’s becoming increasingly clear he couldn’t give a flying f**k about the club now and just wants out.

It’s time we forgot about him, in hindsight we should have sold him when he refused to play.

Totally agree. I think after the Norwich outburst he should have gone, but admittedly myself and many others were perhaps hoping he could redeliver what he did the previous season. For me that first year him and Knockaert were the 2 best players in the Championship.

After that it went totally downhill and it was written on the wall it would be him missing the decisive penalty against Udders. 

11 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Taking the pïss if you ask me

Drew's the 34 tick ups of your post says it all.

One of the players that went missing at Wembley and hasn't given us anywhere near a full season since and now on the odd occasion he plays he doesn't look like the same player or his heart is not in it.

Frankly I have given up caring about him.

23 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

In the pre-Brighton Press Conference the journalists did not even ask about FF or where he is in his recovery.

He seems to be off the radar and an update would be very welcome in my view.

I may be in a minority on here but I still believe that a fit and firing Fernando Forestieri would bring a different dimension to the team that we do not currently possess.

the forestieri ship has sailed ,he was my fav player and probably most other supporters ,but now I think we have all seen what he is about and most of us fans don't like mug been taken with us . if he could suddenly pretend he is fit and interested we could let him go now and use his wages to get someone who wants to train and play and who does not have a poor attitude. the thing is the only club what would sign forestieri is us 3-4 years ago ,I don't thing there is a club out there what would be stupid enough to offer him a 2 half year deal on 30-35k a week with his appalling fitness/attitude record ,is it 20% or less he has played in last 2 years now?. we had carbone,di canio in 1990s I don't remember those 2 having these issues with training/fitness etc