What is happening with FF?

Still think with the options we have upfront there is berth for him, as the other forwards have demonstrated they are not up to standard for the top end of the Championship.

If he does get a game then needs to up his performance if not for the club then for his own selfish reasons if he wants to get a good contract here or elsewhere.

Can you imagine if we offloaded some of our highly paid, never played stars like FF and were able to go out and grab a bunch of free agents and pay them handsomely.  I mean if we let Westwood, Fessi, Winnall, Rhodes etc and brought in:

Marcus Maddison - 26  - AMC

Jackson Irvine - 26 - CM/DCM

Jed Wallace - 26 - RW

Sammy Ameobi - 27 - LW

Robson Kanu - 30 - ST

Declan Rudd - 28 - GK

Chris Gunter 30 - RB

Lyle Taylor 29 - ST

Thats just scanning through who's out of contract and I'd argue all would compete for a start and bolster the squad. We have some serious earners leaving this/next window and we could in theory build a very competitive squad for this division and possibly even save cash whilst doing that.

5 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Monk said he was returning to the grass last week I believe so should have an update this week.

I may be in the minority with you but I’d still play him week in week out.

Hes had his wee xmas break. lol 

12 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Can you imagine if we offloaded some of our highly paid, never played stars like FF and were able to go out and grab a bunch of free agents and pay them handsomely.  I mean if we let Westwood, Fessi, Winnall, Rhodes etc and brought in:

Jed Wallace - 26 - RW

Sammy Ameobi - 27 - LW

Robson Kanu - 30 - ST

Declan Rudd - 28 - GK

Chris Gunter 30 - RB

Lyle Taylor 29 - ST

Thats just scanning through who's out of contract and I'd argue all would compete for a start and bolster the squad. We have some serious earners leaving this/next window and we could in theory build a very competitive squad for this division and possibly even save cash whilst doing that.

Id take Jackson  Irvine for sure...  None of the other floats me boat much. 

I'd have FF before Rhodes and Winnall no question, Nuhiu is a different game plan. 

I'm not slating the others but FF actually has genuine quality, yes of course you can question his application and if he's not fit then clearly he won't play. But we need a maverick in the team capable of creating from nothing which Rhodes and Winnall will not do and have been for the most part ineffective. 

5 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Bannan summed him up. “Isn’t working hard enough in training, doesn’t work hard enough on the pitch” - Monk won’t play someone who isn’t fighting for a place. FF is done at SWFC. He was done 18 months ago.

Summer 2016 was when he should have been sold! 

5 hours ago, deano said:

I would also start him if playing 2 upfront. Yes I know he's not an out and out striker but he is a much better player than our other options who just don't contribute enough. 

He might be a better “player” than Winnall and co, but he weakens the Xl if played centrally. It simply doesn’t work for him or the team.

Hes a wide forward or winger. 

5 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

In the pre-Brighton Press Conference the journalists did not even ask about FF or where he is in his recovery.

He seems to be off the radar and an update would be very welcome in my view.

I may be in a minority on here but I still believe that a fit and firing Fernando Forestieri would bring a different dimension to the team that we do not currently possess.

We really need to get him, westwood & the other bad apples out the club.

34 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Jed Wallace - 26 - RW

Sammy Ameobi - 27 - LW

Robson Kanu - 30 - ST

Declan Rudd - 28 - GK

Chris Gunter 30 - RB

Lyle Taylor 29 - ST

There is a very good Keeper available at Newcastle as he is entering the last 6 months of his contract and in the championship there would be few better keepers than Darlow, I would also be trying to temp Luke Garbutt currently on loan at Ipswich to join us as scores a lot of goals and creates chances with a great delivery and not a back left back either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Let see how the signing of Ravel Morrison and Jack Rodwell work out for them shall we, the first one has made just 1 appearance so far in the league looks like a great signing. lol 

Both signed on frees, both were in no position to demand high wages and will be on short term contracts. Easy gamble for A premier league team. If they don’t perform they will be gone at the end of the season, they won’t be kept on for years to come taking millions out of the club for no return.

35 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He might be a better “player” than Winnall and co, but he weakens the Xl if played centrally. It simply doesn’t work for him or the team.

Hes a wide forward or winger. 

Don't agree, not when considering the alternatives. 

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Jed Wallace - 26 - RW

Sammy Ameobi - 27 - LW

Robson Kanu - 30 - ST

Declan Rudd - 28 - GK

Chris Gunter 30 - RB

Lyle Taylor 29 - ST

Hull have a contract option on Irvine. Jed Wallace signed a new long-term deal in 2018. He would cost a bomb.

6 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

In the pre-Brighton Press Conference the journalists did not even ask about FF or where he is in his recovery.

He seems to be off the radar and an update would be very welcome in my view.

I may be in a minority on here but I still believe that a fit and firing Fernando Forestieri would bring a different dimension to the team that we do not currently possess.

6 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Taking the pïss if you ask me

take yer pick.

Unlike some posts in another thread I believe that Kadeem Harris has been an excellent signing for us.

As we know his main threat is to get down that left flank, get by the full back and clip a ball in looking for Fletcher's head.

However some teams put two men on him and in the Cardiff game just one but they had a solid right back (I don't think it was Peltier but not sure).

Now to offer something different FF plays well down the left but can cut back really cleverly and make something happen.

The Championship is a tough league and at home we lack a goal threat.  FF can provide something distinctly different in my view.