What is happening with FF?

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

You mean the players who are always available for selection because they train hard and don't refuse to get on the team coach?

I know who I would rather have in my team.

Exactly . I think what people don’t grasp is the reason how teams like Norwich and the pigs are streets ahead of us is they signed always available grafters who can play a bit too. Banging on about forestieri for 3 years now. The bloke had one good season . Utter waste of time 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Exactly . I think what people don’t grasp is the reason how teams like Norwich and the pigs are streets ahead of us is they signed always available grafters who can play a bit too. Banging on about forestieri for 3 years now. The bloke had one good season . Utter waste of time 

That’s a bit unfair You could say the same about Fletcher, it’s just that his one good season happens to be this one

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

That’s a bit unfair You could say the same about Fletcher, it’s just that his one good season happens to be this one

Fletcher was okay since he joined , I regularly said I expect more for what we pay him. This season he’s delivered .

It’s more than fair though about forestieri , one decent year is not good enough . Another over paid has been that’s contributed little to nothing for years . Why should we except no return from players constantly 

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fletcher has hit double figures in 3 of 4 seasons here. 

Winnall was better, in 2016-17, I think it was, both had 37 appearances and Winnall scored 14, FF scored  a couple less.  Then, Winnall disappears...FF is more suited to a movie role, playing the part of a footballer, rather than actually playing football.  

2 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Winnall was better, in 2016-17, I think it was, both had 37 appearances and Winnall scored 14, FF scored  a couple less.  Then, Winnall disappears...FF is more suited to a movie role, playing the part of a footballer, rather than actually playing football.  

Just like Jesse Lingard.

lol

• Thanks 1

I think there's a correlation between players who've had big surgeries and are unable to give their best. 

Forestieiri, knee surgery.

Lee, hip surgery.

Winnall, knee surgery.

Westwood, 2 surgeries. 

Ofcourse, all fan favourites but they're just unable to return to former glories.

You could also add Odubajo to that list.

Edited by bigash_swfc

If we can sell him this January then I hope we do.

I say this with a heavy heart, and I know there'll always be the ‘what if only...’, but he can't remain fit for any appreciable length of time.

Being available for only half the games in a season might just be tolerable if the games were consecutive and he remained in good form through out, but it's the stop-start nature of his runs of games, with the inevitable ‘needing a few games’ buffer too; in the end, we've been getting half a dozen decent games from him at best these last 3 seasons.

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

If we can sell him this January then I hope we do.

I say this with a heavy heart, and I know there'll always be the ‘what if only...’, but he can't remain fit for any appreciable length of time.

Being available for only half the games in a season might just be tolerable if the games were consecutive and he remained in good form through out, but it's the stop-start nature of his runs of games, with the inevitable ‘needing a few games’ buffer too; in the end, we've been getting half a dozen decent games from him at best these last 3 seasons.

we wont sell him, guarantee it

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I think there's a correlation between players who've had big surgeries and are unable to give their best. 

Forestieiri, knee surgery.

Lee, hip surgery.

Winnall, knee surgery.

Westwood, 2 surgeries. 

Ofcourse, all fan favourites but they're just unable to return to former glories.

You could also add Odubajo to that list.

And the knee injury that ravaged Fletcher's second season..? He came back stronger and better than ever. It's case by case. Winnall has been fit for a year now. Lee pain-free 6 months+. Comes down to form or whether they've simply had their day. In Winnall's case, he never found his shooting boots here. Needs to move. Lee at 31, back contributing, but I don't think we'll see him playing 40 games per season again like he was at prime age. Had his day, hence Luongo. 

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

we wont sell him, guarantee it

Because of no takers? Yeah, very possibly so. Matching his wages alone is something I suspect other clubs would have difficulty justifying.

Then of course, there's the DC factor and his bizarre phobia of selling players.

A fantastic talent...who has become something of a non-entity. 

Always injured, or suspended or some other crap going off. 

Crying shame, as he had the talent to go down as an all time great imho. 

12 minutes ago, cowl said:

Because of no takers? Yeah, very possibly so. Matching his wages alone is something I suspect other clubs would have difficulty justifying.

Then of course, there's the DC factor and his bizarre phobia of selling players.

I was thinking more along DC mindset than anything but given his injuries and form probably no takers like you say

2 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Bannan summed him up. “Isn’t working hard enough in training, doesn’t work hard enough on the pitch” - Monk won’t play someone who isn’t fighting for a place. FF is done at SWFC. He was done 18 months ago.

Absolutely. People regularly criticise our current 11 for not caring enough then call for FF to start. He's probably the worst offender for not giving a stuff about the club.