What is happening with FF?

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Our most gifted player since Di Canio. I still think he has a lot to offer, and in his brief appearances on the pitch this season haven’t seen anything wrong with his attitude. Think most on here are a little harsh, and still a bit sore from the transfer saga years ago. I’d love to see him get a chance to show his capabilities the rest of this season. Think next summer he needs to move on though.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

I think there's a correlation between players who've had big surgeries and are unable to give their best. 

Forestieiri, knee surgery.

Lee, hip surgery.

Winnall, knee surgery.

Westwood, 2 surgeries. 

Ofcourse, all fan favourites but they're just unable to return to former glories.

You could also add Odubajo to that list.

Yep. Sometimes there isn’t anything sinister behind his absence. He just seems to be crocked and it must be frustrating for the player. 

3 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Bannan summed him up. “Isn’t working hard enough in training, doesn’t work hard enough on the pitch” - Monk won’t play someone who isn’t fighting for a place. FF is done at SWFC. He was done 18 months ago.

Should have been done when he refused to get on the bus to Norwich.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Wilder wouldn’t sign someone with his attitude. 

Let see how the signing of Ravel Morrison and Jack Rodwell work out for them shall we, the first one has made just 1 appearance so far in the league looks like a great signing. lol 

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Where do you get that from, he was fit from the start of the season and Bullen never played him, then when he was played the FA hit him with another 6 match ban.

He comes back from that and once again the management did not play him, then he picked up a suspect injury that any normal person would be out a few weeks but this is the same team that Lees picks up a hamstring strain and is out for 2 months.

There is more going on with Fessi and I simply think Monk does not like him - so be it but get him sold if that the case as he is helping no one sat in the stands.

The problem in selling him is why would any club in their right mind want to pay a fee for a player who is injured, hasn’t hit any kind of prolonged spell of consistency in 4 seasons, has previously refused to play for his club and is out of contract at the end of the season?

You might get somebody willing to take him off our hands for free but I doubt very much we’ll be getting a fee for him in the next month. Personally I think getting him off the books this month would be a result in itself.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

The problem in selling him is why would any club in their right mind want to pay a fee for a player who is injured, hasn’t hit any kind of prolonged spell of consistency in 4 seasons, has previously refused to play for his club and is out of contract at the end of the season?

You might get somebody willing to take him off our hands for free but I doubt very much we’ll be getting a fee for him in the next month. Personally I think getting him off the books this month would be a result in itself.

How many players have not played for some reason or the other he took some very bad advise to get a more to the premier league and refused to play. I think at the time it was his best mate at Wigan or West Brom who was bigging him up for the premier league. He signed a new deal came back and was a big reason why we got the Wembley the first two season.

He since then has been in and out of the team at a club with an appalling injury record for all players. But has been fit since the start of the season but not being played only Bullen can answer why, then Monk also goes the same route and only the fans calling for his return he get a game and picks up an injury. Is he really injured only he and the manager will know for sure, is the player faking or the management not picking him.

Currently he is not worth a great deal but fully fit and match ready he is still the most gifted player we have, for me get him back in the team and playing he could be the spark we need to push into the top 6 or he leaves in the summer for nothing.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

How many players have not played for some reason or the other he took some very bad advise to get a more to the premier league and refused to play. I think at the time it was his best mate at Wigan or West Brom who was bigging him up for the premier league. He signed a new deal came back and was a big reason why we got the Wembley the first two season.

He since then has been in and out of the team at a club with an appalling injury record for all players. But has been fit since the start of the season but not being played only Bullen can answer why, then Monk also goes the same route and only the fans calling for his return he get a game and picks up an injury. Is he really injured only he and the manager will know for sure, is the player faking or the management not picking him.

Currently he is not worth a great deal but fully fit and match ready he is still the most gifted player we have, for me get him back in the team and playing he could be the spark we need to push into the top 6 or he leaves in the summer for nothing.

In fairness he looked pretty injured when he hobbled off at Charlton.

As for the taking bad advice, he’s a grown man and should take responsibility for his actions, he refused to play for the club and at the end of the day, that combined with other factors may put some clubs off making an approach for him

I’ll agree with you however he was a big reason why we got to Wembley that first season but he’s struggled to reach that level of consistency since then and I’d argue that the Hooper and Fletcher partnership had a far bigger role in our run to the playoffs the following season than Forestieri did.

I just get the impression he’s not bothered anymore and think it’s be best for all concerned if he moved on although I think that move will come in the Summer now.

The fact that his own team mate has called him out over his lack of effort in training this season speaks volumes for me.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-fernando-forestieri-isnt-working-hard-enough-place-owls-first-team-says-barry-bannan-1327314%3famp

FF has a job to do for us until his contract as run out I’m hoping we get a typical play for a new contract or club 6 months out of him 

he’s our best option with fletcher I actually think with a run in the team playing around him he could be really dangerous nobody gets close to him in that role 

maybe playing the number 10 role in a 4-2-3-1 more that the 442 he’s a special player you can give that licence to roam 

he’s only the only real option I can see to challenge Harris and give him a much needed rest 

I know we are looking to strengthen so this could all change quickly 

The game he got injured I thought he was working very hard for the team and looked lively 

really hope he gets back on the pitch has a good run of games problem free and I’m confident we will see that FF magic again 

cant see an offer coming in for him that would be worth while losing him in this window 

the trick is getting him on the pitch for a run of games and that’s easier said than done