Westwood

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

And you think the defence have looked more confident since Westwood hasn’t been in the team? 

Cannot say Dawson has made any errors since coming back in.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Part of the clique that bottled it twice in the play offs and drew the biggest wages this club has ever paid out.

When the going gets tough he gets a niggle.

Has ability but no will to win. Look at his International career or lack of it.

No thanks. Not for me.

You generally talk BS on a grand scale but jesus this is good even for you 

Without Westwood in the 2016 play-off final we would have lost 5 or 6 nil as it was it took a worldie to beat him 

Whilst he is seemingly weeing up the clubs back at the moment to call Westwood a bottler is shameful

Edited by Lawrie Madden
  • Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I didn’t say he had. I was talking about the defence. 

You said the defence was less confident with Westwood not playing. That means they must have no confidence in Dawson.

Now it’s the defence and nothing to do with Westwood or Dawson.

Just a little confusing that’s all

2 hours ago, striker said:

It's christmas, a time for niggly injuries. 

Dawson took his chance and retained his place on merit. Up to westwood to win his place back, firstly by competing with Wldsmith for a place the bench. 

I don't think he has a divine right to walk back into the team when he declares himself fit anymore. 

get shut.

2 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Best keeper we have had this decade by a country mile.

Probably or arguably only bested by pressman for the last 30 years more.

Far from a failure

he's not been near his best in the last 12/18 months.

he has lost that jersey to dawson on merit.

his performances in that time suggest he is either on the slide, or ………..

time will tell.

Edited by dorian gray

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Part of the clique that bottled it twice in the play offs and drew the biggest wages this club has ever paid out.

When the going gets tough he gets a niggle.

Has ability but no will to win. Look at his International career or lack of it.

No thanks. Not for me.

Our man of the match in 2 of the 3 play-off games in 2016 and certainly not at fault for the 2017 play-off no show.

But yeah, he bottled in during those campaigns! :ghoulguy:

What is happening with him now is open to debate, I said as soon as Dawson got put back in that I didn't think Westwood would appear on the bench too often. However, you are just showing bias against him and undermining your point by trying to bring him down for anything he did during our play-off seasons.

A forum exists to debate, but debate here is almost pointless.    We lost two on the bounce so obviously the concentration is on a position we seemingly all agree Dawson has on merit?

Outside that, we only have a comment by Monk, which he made similarly about FF that the period out is being governed by the player and not the medical staff.   I didn't hear either interview btw so if i'm wrong please tell me.

A lot was wrong on the pitch last game, I think that's what needs addressing first and foremost.   If you want to talk about FFP then that's another thread and stupid wages are certainly a part of that.   If you want to talk about freshening up the squad, that's a conversation in it's own right, but lets be honest big contract earners out of the team don't move for a reason so we ain't getting rid of any of them unless on a free so they get a bigger sign on fee.   We ain't shifting any big contract player inside of his contract and that's about as "FACT" as you get it.

So I don't think Westwood will move in January, and I think we need to get ready for that and understand that the only thing we have at all is to try to utilise him when and where we need to.

Dawson may get injured walking the dog this evening, it's our luck.   

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

No issues with him as a keeper. One of his biggest fans.

He lost the shirt on form though, and his usual sicky pulling is an insult to the fans paying a fortune to watch us, while he earns a fortune to sit at home.

It's not on.

agree I think him and especially forestieri have insulted the supporters , we are not only club to have these type of players , didn't sunderland have a player on 80k a week to sit at home (rodwell) 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

agree I think him and especially forestieri have insulted the supporters , we are not only club to have these type of players , didn't sunderland have a player on 80k a week to sit at home (rodwell) 

Can't help feeling they both think they are bigger than club and the fans.

Times up for both of them.

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Some fans just can’t acknowledge that every player isn’t a saint, and if you say otherwise you’re accused of stirring shiiit