Westwood

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

We aren't in the past now. We are in present.

Ridiculous to pay someone massive wages, who won't even fight for his shirt.

No wonder the EFL is hammering us.

Fair enough in the present.

It seems Dawsons completely replaced him and as I think you may have mentioned earlier theres 2 decent players wages there possibly 3.

It was just the complete failure bit I didnt agree with.

Run his course I'd guess now and time to move on. I believe hes invested in a club now and spends a lot of time there

Another poor financial decision to give him a two year deal in the summer. Yes he did well back end of last season, but how often do you see players upping their game as their contract is running out?

Westwood has been super for us, but at his age and with a young keeper like Dawson at the club, a 2 year deal is just daft. We should have offered a 1 year deal, take it or leave it.

It’s like when we offered Pudil and Nuhiu extensions the other year. We need to be more ruthless and stop being so sentimental. 

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Another poor financial decision to give him a two year deal in the summer. Yes he did well back end of last season, but how often do you see players upping their game as their contract is running out?

Westwood has been super for us, but at his age and with a young keeper like Dawson at the club, a 2 year deal is just daft. We should have offered a 1 year deal, take it or leave it.

It’s like when we offered Pudil and Nuhiu extensions the other year. We need to be more ruthless and stop being so sentimental. 

Its slightly different with a keeper .. they can play up to their 40's ... but in this instance, given his injury record ... then yeah a 2 year doesn't make a great deal of financial sense.

Its a strange issue with Westwood and his injuries. No one can fully confirm whether its due to being on the bench so we can only speculate ...

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's symbolic of our overpaid failures.

No mental strength. Lost the shirt on form, and instead of trying to win it back, takes the easier option.

Pathetic.

This !!!..................over the years we have become the "resting place"......."no-play..big pay"......."twilight zone " for early retirement cop-outs !!

4 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Its slightly different with a keeper .. they can play up to their 40's ... but in this instance, given his injury record ... then yeah a 2 year doesn't make a great deal of financial sense.

Its a strange issue with Westwood and his injuries. No one can fully confirm whether its due to being on the bench so we can only speculate ...

I imagine Westwood is one of the higher earners in the squad. In that case a two year deal for a keeper at 35 is silly. 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

The responses in this thread are typical of our last couple years, sentimental fans who hold an opinion of a player for what he did years ago. 

Westwood needs to be shown the door ASAP. His wages are astronomical and his attitude stinks. 

What are his wages?

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The responses in this thread are typical of our last couple years, sentimental fans who hold an opinion of a player for what he did years ago. 

Westwood needs to be shown the door ASAP. His wages are astronomical and his attitude stinks. 

Nailed it.

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Westwood, FF, Kieran Lee, Rhodes, Hutch  etc, bye bye 

I've no issues with Hutchinson staying right now, generally injury free this season, gives 100% and would run through a brick wall. We also don't need him to play 46 now we have Luongo who can make the slot his own, which is beneficial all round.

The others, i think the race is run.But again, unlikely Westwood will leave whilst under contract, i wouldnt if i was him at 35.  

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I imagine Westwood is one of the higher earners in the squad. In that case a two year deal for a keeper at 35 is silly. 

It wouldn't be so bad if he was up for fighting for the shirt. We'd have 2 great keepers pushing each other, and both would benefit.

It seems he isn't.