Westwood

4 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Since Tom Lees has come back in...

Borner and Iorfa worked well together, I think Monk will revert back. 

Iorfa is not a centre back. He was partly responsible for both Cardiff goals. And for the first one, the defenders in the middle were taken by surprises the ball came across so quickly and the current keeper probably didn't shout the wake up call. 

3 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Iorfa is not a centre back. He was partly responsible for both Cardiff goals. And for the first one, the defenders in the middle were taken by surprises the ball came across so quickly and the current keeper probably didn't shout the wake up call. 

Still player of the season so far.

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I didn’t say he had. I was talking about the defence. 

Agree. When the defence was conceding so many just over a year ago, Dawson was rated as one of the best players as an individual but Bullen still brought back Westwood.

Mind you, today it's different as I wonder whether Westwood has a chronic injury ( possibly one which Jos knew about?) and whether its effects caused those mistakes against Swansea and the two occasions earlier this season when dashing out of goal did not work.

4 minutes ago, victorturner said:

The first goal comes from Iorfa committing a needless foul on the touchline and then either him or Fox not standing over the ball to prevent the quick free-kick. It is frustrating when teams do this but that goal shows why they do, from that point we were all over the place and neither Palmer nor Lees cover themselves in glory trying to prevent it.

Iorfa has been really good most games at CB this season, which surprised me based on a couple of dodgy displays in this position last season but he has been awaful in the last two matches.  

Should have got rid in the summer 

But as pure usual the fans and club clutch  onto the past 

We did it with pudil

We did it with nuhiu 

We did it with Westwood

This club will never progress when they keep clutching on to players who did something 3 years ago

Its our chance to get rid of the past in the summer 

But  I fully expect nuhiu,Hutchinson and Lee to get another deal 

4 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Should have got rid in the summer 

But as pure usual the fans and club clutch  onto the past 

We did it with pudil

We did it with nuhiu 

We did it with Westwood

This club will never progress when they keep clutching on to players who did something 3 years ago

Its our chance to get rid of the past in the summer 

But  I fully expect nuhiu,Hutchinson and Lee to get another deal 

If Dave gets another, you really have to question our ambition or competence.

:ghoulguy:

Edited by Mr Farrell

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If Dave gets another, you really have to question our ambition or competence.

:ghoulguy:

I questioned it after the last extension

The club and fans jumped on his current form at the time ,rather looking at his entire time here 

In the EFL team of the decade which says it all, he has been fantastic for us over the years but sadly like everything in life it has to come to an end at some point and we are reaching that point.

The time has come to revamp the squad, if there.is serious cash on the table for any of our players then sell them and reinvest.

23 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I imagine Westwood is one of the higher earners in the squad. In that case a two year deal for a keeper at 35 is silly. 

Imagine being the operative word , you seen his wage slip have you , in your imagination maybe ? If Westwood got a good deal to stay it was because he warranted it . How can you and others form an opinion on speculation and imaginary ideals ? . Makes me laugh how all of a sudden he is a money grabbing lazy , selfish waste of a player just because Dawson hasn’t dropped any major clangers of late .

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Top goal scorer of the decade, and top 3 assists of the decade you mean?

Top goal scorer of the decade automatically activates a 1 year contract extension plus a lifetime supply of starmix and a season ticket anywhere in the ground for life...