Westwood

Just now, Jim Wonk said:

Top goal scorer of the decade automatically activates a 1 year contract extension plus a lifetime supply of starmix and a season ticket anywhere in the ground for life...

Yep, and then a lifetime contract selling 50/50 tickets just so long as you continue to shout loud enough to be heard on ifollow commentary 

• Haha 1

On 31/12/2019 at 09:20, dewsburyowl58 said:

Amazing how all of a sudden Westwood is the absolute pits , why the hatred all of a sudden ? . You lot that slate him don’t know anything about his injuries or pay , leave the bloke alone he’s been brilliant for us . 

He was dropped after WBA. 

Next day after he was told by Monk, he phoned up saying he had an injury and wasnt coming in.

That, btw, is no lie. Straight from a regulars mouth.

Most of team are sick of his and FFs antics now too I am led to believe.

53 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Next day after he was told by Monk, he phoned up saying he had an injury and wasnt coming in.

Makes you wonder how he’s lasted this long doesn’t it , Regular being what exactly ? A fan ? A player ? Member of staff ? , Anyway all I’m saying is he has been brilliant for us .

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Makes you wonder how he’s lasted this long doesn’t it , Regular being what exactly ? A fan ? A player ? Member of staff ? , Anyway all I’m saying is he has been brilliant for us .

Player.

It does, think many managers and fans were forgiving cos he was good player. All expect Jos, who took so poo from anyone it seems. Unfortunately poor team performance he should have reversed his decision, but it is difficult to bring someone back into the fold after you've banished them from it.

On 31/12/2019 at 09:20, dewsburyowl58 said:

Amazing how all of a sudden Westwood is the absolute pits , why the hatred all of a sudden ? . You lot that slate him don’t know anything about his injuries or pay , leave the bloke alone he’s been brilliant for us . 

This is Owlstalk, it's par for the course.

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
10 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Player.

It does, think many managers and fans were forgiving cos he was good player. All expect Jos, who took so poo from anyone it seems. Unfortunately poor team performance he should have reversed his decision, but it is difficult to bring someone back into the fold after you've banished them from it.

Which player? And why would a player randomly tell you what was going off in the dressing room? 

Guest Jack the Hat
On 31/12/2019 at 08:51, torres said:

I think he finds it embarrassing to sit on the bench - hurts his ego.

That's why Ireland give him the swerve so many times and why his ''injury'' keeps popping up 

Maybe he is prone to arse splinters from the bench. It’s a worldwide problem which needs increased awareness as it can cause its sufferers mild discomfort.

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why would I tell you which player on a public forum?

Because if you don’t quote your source it’s just made up nonsense isn’t it.. probably didn’t happen

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Must have some other gossip in locker then? Anything else to share?

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Because if you don’t quote your source it’s just made up nonsense isn’t it.. probably didn’t happen

I was told things about several players by a club employee I know, in confidence. No way I'd name him/her on here . Same with most private conversations in life.

Edited by modboy

27 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Player.

So you are on speaking terms with a first team regular then? Care to share?

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, modboy said:

I was told something about several players by a club employee I know  in confidence. No way I'd name him/her on here . Same with most private conversations in life.

Well I can see why you wouldn’t explicitly name them... but should at least explain what the relationship is to them that means they would be willing to share confidential info with you.

I mean if it’s true, the player obviously trusts the person not to spread it round. Yet the first thing the person does it spread it round. So it’s either a betrayal of trust or total BS, one or the other

Just don’t think the players would make a habit of telling people they barely know everything that goes off. And there are many rumours posted that turn out to be rubbish which suggests people do it for attention rather than because they have genuine info

44 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So you are on speaking terms with a first team regular then? Care to share?

The player is very close friends with one of my friends, he used to be a youth player for the pigs but didnt make it. They played the same position. It's fair to say players of this position get on better with the opposite numbers than any other position.

46 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well I can see why you wouldn’t explicitly name them... but should at least explain what the relationship is to them that means they would be willing to share confidential info with you.

I mean if it’s true, the player obviously trusts the person not to spread it round. Yet the first thing the person does it spread it round. So it’s either a betrayal of trust or total BS, one or the other

Just don’t think the players would make a habit of telling people they barely know everything that goes off. And there are many rumours posted that turn out to be rubbish which suggests people do it for attention rather than because they have genuine info

All players and staff know it gets around. They tell people info to get it to spread. Confidentiality is so the club doesnt punish them for it.

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

All players and staff know it gets around. They tell people info to get it to spread. Confidentiality is so the club doesnt punish them for it.

Think this sums it up Birley tbf.. filling in the gaps from the clues you’ve given, think you’re referring to the ‘goalkeepers union’ so that would mean it’s either Dawson or Wildsmith. Also fits them as they’re both Sheffield lads so sure they know lots of locals around here

Then we get into all sorts of stuff around motivation for spreading such rumours.. maybe to make the fans less sympathetic towards Westwood when they’re keeping him out the team.

I’m sure Westwood isn’t happy to be out the side.. but not sure he’s so unprofessional he’d react to it in such a negative way. Think it’s best to leave it to Monk to manage as he sees fit as the rumour mill has too much false info out there even for people in the know